Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Simple Pork Chops

Beautiful day here yesterday in the DFW. Nice and sunny, high around 65. Great day to sit on the patio with a cold one, let the dogs burn off some energy from being cooped up inside and fire up the Egg. Nothing fancy, just some pork chops.The wife wanted to try out JH's Mojave Garlic Pepper on hers and I tried out one of the rubs that @NibbleMeThis sent me awhile back. This was his Basic BBQ Rub.

Finished

After the chops came off, I threw on some asparagus rafts. Lighly oiled, salt and pepper and some mojave garlic pepper because it was still sitting there and I was curious.

Plated up with a salad on the side (not pictured)

Pretty simple little dinner, but tasty. NibbleMeThis hasn't been around much lately. For those that don't know, he's in the process of writing a cookbook, so he's been cooking up a storm and taking pics to get it done. I know I'll be picking up a copy. As for his rub, I don't know what he put in it, but if he ever decides to bottle it, I'll pick up some of that too. Can't wait to try it on some ribs.

Speaking of new rubs, this was sitting in my mailbox yesterday. Could have arrived the day before for all I know, but I don't check my mail every day. Its all bills and junk mail anyway.

And the note

I know @Spring_Chicken already beat me to sharing it on the forum and has already tried it. I can't wait to try it on some fish this weekend and see how it is. If its like the rest of their rubs, I know it will be pretty good.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments