Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First MIM

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew was in Milledgeville, Ga. this weekend taking part in the Sweetwater Festival BBQ Contest. I had done MIM before but this was my wife's first. She got a second in stew, a third in dessert, and we were fourteenth in ribbs. No money but I was happy for our first MIM contest.
We also met Five O'clock Somewhere who took a first in anything but. There were several folks using EGGS and a lot more asking questions.[p]My twins live there so we had folks for food, drink, and fun Friday and Saturday night. We had to send out for more ice cream on Friday night to make more desserts. Last night my wife told me we did not have to pack food up because it had all been eaten. The weather was great, the folks doing the contest did a great job, and we had a great time.[p]A couple of tired Eggheads,
Ms.Diane & Poppasam Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew.

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Hey Sam,[p]Glad to hear you had a great time. We halso had a great time down in Douglas. We ended up like 48th out of 80 teams but it was a lot of fun anyway. I missed you and Dianne and said hello to the Tennesee corn guy, but it was so loud I don't know if my message got across to him.[p]Dan and I were the only Eggers down there but I went through a ton of brochures and answered more questions than I care to recount...lol.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Bobby-Q,
    So, 32 teams wish they had as good a day as yall.
    Congrats! Look forward to hearing your individual finishes.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Poppasam,
    Howdy, glad you had a great time at the Sweetwater Fest. Congrats on the awards for your stew and desserts. How many slabs of ribs did you have to cook for the MIM event. How many teams entered this contest. Who won the whole hog...shoulder..ribs?? Who was crowned Grand Champ??? Happy Egging....Daddy Pat

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Congats poppa. MIM is a whole diferent scene, and great yall came out big in your first one! Good seeing you in Hotlanta.[p]Chris[p]PS. Did you find, like we did, that the onsite judging is the funnest part?? I was all nervous, and it turned out to be much better that expected. The judges sure enjoyed seeing the eggs.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Poppasam,[p]Very cool. Congratulations to ypou and Diane.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • JDOTR
    JDOTR Posts: 85
    Poppasam,
    Congrats to yall Sam....[p]Sorry we didn't catch up with you at Lynchburg. Saw you at the parade but would have liked to chat. [p]Chet

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Nature Boy,
    Not to use the forum as an individual correpsondance device...I'll call you tomorrow I got real busy after the awards yesterday and then crashed and haven't had more than a minute today. My apologies and I will buzz you tomorrow during normal hours.[p]:)

• Poppasam,[p]Congratulations on all the calls! I would like to take part in at least one MIM contest, next season.[p]phillip

• Poppasam,
    It was good to meet you.It was also our first MIM and I have to admit I was nervous. WE ended up 15 on ribs and 12 on shoulder to go w/ the first in anything butt.We celebrated pretty hard Sat. nite and were dead tired on Sun / Mon.We may look into Barnesville and definitly need to try for the Eggfest in Atlanta.Keep in touch.
    Trey

• drbbq, Congrates to you also. Looks like you had a pretty good weekend yourself and I'm sure you had a great time. Sounds like a great contest.
    Good Eggin' to You'
    Poppasam

• JDOTR, You coming over to Athens saturday? My twin daughters are big Auburn fans,my oldest daughter is a Tech graduate,her husband & myself are Ga.alumni,and the other two son-in-laws are Dawg fans so it all makes for a fun weekend. We most likely will go over and tailgate. We always have agreat time with this crowd.[p]Good Eggin to You All!!
    Poppasam

• 5 o'clock somewhere,Like you we had a great time. Sure was glad I didn't have to go to work today. We feed a crowd of folks both nights and all went well.
    Will be in touch sometime when we are down visiting and have a cold one and talk EGG!!
    You need to visit EGGFEST for sure,
    Poppasam[p]

• Nature Boy,Yes they had their questions. I think two of them make be looking to buy one now. Alot of the crowd had questions to ask. I always love it when they say do you really think their that good a cooker.My answer is I own six, So I'd say they do the job great. I always love to watch them when I tell them how grest even frozen pizza is on the EGG.
    We will stick to FBA & KCBS but will do this contest again because of our twins. You said you would like to do Dillard next year. It is a great contest and a great crowd of folks.[p]Good EGGIN' to You,
    Poppasam

• Daddy Pat,we cooked 12 racks, 3 on each EGG, so we could stagger them in hopes of them finishing just right. They had a total of 34 teams. Gwatney out of Memphis was Grand and Boggey Pond out of Moultrie was Reserve.
    Poppasam