Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster tail ideas?

Options
I have a few lobster tails for tomorrow nights dinner….I have never cooked lobster on the BGE, I'm looking for any great preparation ideas….thanks in advance.image

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    I par boil a few minutes then crack open down the middle (careful not to cut all the way) and cook raised direct. Flip after a couple of minutes. Salt, pepper and depending on how healthy you want to be butter or EVOO. Simple but tasty.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Bullhalsey
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    I par boil a few minutes then crack open down the middle (careful not to cut all the way) and cook raised direct. Flip after a couple of minutes. Salt, pepper and depending on how healthy you want to be butter or EVOO. Simple but tasty.
    What temp?
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Oh I'd say maybe 375-400 dome cooking raised direct. Not too temperature sensitive, just don't over cook. Since they are split open go by the color and texture of the meat. I start with cut side up, go maybe 3 minutes, flip, check at 3 minutes and play it by ear. Sorry I can't be more precise but you'll do fine.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I keep it pretty simple for lobster tails.  Cut through the clear membrane.  Direct, meat side down at 400 for 5 minutes, flip to shell side down, add butter and whatever seasoning to the meat side and cook for 5 more minutes or so until opaque…
    Options
    I love lobster tails on the egg or any charcoal grill, remove thin bottom shell, grill at around 425 on flesh side for 4-5 minutes, then flip and coat with melted butter and grill 5-6 minutes more.