Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fired the BIG smoker

Options
Don't know if you can see it in the pics or not, but I had to fire up my big smokehouse yesterday. Currently smoking around 100lbs of venison snack sticks and several hundred pounds of venison summer sausage for a group of friends. I love watching the smoke roll out of it!

I took an abandoned grain bin that is 14ft in diameter and built a two-level rack system up high inside it. It will hold a lot of meat! Most sausage I've smoked at one time is 1200lbs. I usually fire it half dozen times a year. I built it a llittle over 10 years ago & the word has gotten out. I smoke for local friends who make their own sausages, just as a favor. It works great! It holds the smoke like I've never seen. I can open the door when I refuel my fire & can't even see the sausage hanging inside because of the smoke. Pretty neat!
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments