Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best place to buy CyberQ WiFi?

Comments

• I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    @fence0407 - My set up went fairly smooth. If I didn't understand a step in the instructions I just google it and was easy to find. I found several step by step instructions on several BBQ sites just by google by using my router type and CyberQ. All in all a couple of hours including setting it up to text me. Cool feature. I am not a expert but let me know if I can help  

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • I have the Stoker and I love it. Set up on my network was something my son in law had to do but it works great!
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
    ·
  • @buzd504 I will keep you posted...
    @fence0407 I'm sure you will like it...it is a gamechanger...I love mine...just wanted to share my concerns...but the other comments here are encouraging me to dig into it again

Reach out if you are struggling to set it up once you get it
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    ·
  • Also I do use the pit pal app...I have a few reccomendations for the developer but it is worth it...i love the data on my past cooks...

Had a few issues adjusting the temp in the app then finding that it didn't update the controller...other then that it has been great...I even use it sometimes when I don't use the cyberQ
    ·
  • Tbonez3858Tbonez3858 Posts: 61
    edited February 2014
    I had a stoker and returned it... I've been in the networking field for close to twenty years and Stoker has the poorest of any interface (physical and GUI) I've ever used. I found out after hours of messing around with the Stoker and reading dozens of pages of complaints on line about it that the stoker is finicky. The stoker works great with some wireless access points and not others. After trying five access points I finally got the stoker up. The only access point I could get it up on was an ancient wireless hub which killed the functionality I originally purchased it for ..I emailed support many times to see if there was a firmware and never heard back...finally had to return it. When I got my cyberq it was up within five minutes and it's worked flawlessly ever since.
    ·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,177

Also I do use the pit pal app...I have a few reccomendations for the developer but it is worth it...i love the data on my past cooks...

Had a few issues adjusting the temp in the app then finding that it didn't update the controller...other then that it has been great...I even use it sometimes when I don't use the cyberQ

I've already got it downloaded. Can you not adjust the temperature through the app? I was under the impression you could...?
    Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
    @Tbonez3858 makes me glad I ordered the CyberQ!
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • I've already got it downloaded. Can you not adjust the temperature through the app? I was under the impression you could...?
    You can...ive just found from time to time that the app seems to show it accepted the new temp...but it didnt actually change it on the controller.
    ·
  • Tbonez3858Tbonez3858 Posts: 61
    edited February 2014
    fence0407 said:
    @Tbonez3858 makes me glad I ordered the CyberQ!
    I really like the metal case of the stoker but in my opinion everything else is better about the CyberQ wifi. I've never been so aggravated at a device as I was the stoker. I've configured hundreds if not thousands of network devices right out of the box without a manual. The stoker made me want to tear my hair out and I'm almost bald...For those that luck out and have an access point that works out of the gate with the stoker I'm happy for them...I'm definitely not alone with the problems I experienced, however.
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    See mountaindewbass thread before dropping that 4 Hundy
    Seattle, WA
    ·
    SkinnyV said:
    See mountaindewbass thread before dropping that 4 Hundy
    I read the thread you are referring too. I guess I'm a little late since I already dropped the money, but I have to agree that each unit is different and a few hiccups shouldn't ruin the whole batch. That's true for the CyberQ or Stoker - or any other pit controller.
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • I can't find the Pit Pal app on iOS App Store....is it just a Droid thing?

LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
    ·
  • @Angus1978  Yes...but there is an app that works with the CyberQ in the app store...can't remember it's name, but if you do a search for CyberQ you should find it.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

·
    All the more reason to get a Droid!
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • @theShaytoon BBQ Remote is what you're thinking of.  and I still need to set up my infrastructure mode....I have your instructions bookmarked...I may try that this weekend

Thanks!
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
    ·
    @theShaytoon I need help! I've spent the last two snow days trying to get infrastructure mode to work and have been unsuccessful. I've read your other post, used Google and Naked Whiz's tutorial. I'm using a D-Link router.
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • I can't help today...at the office, then dinner, then finally I get home...tomorrow?

Dallas, TX

·
    Sure that would be great. Is email easier?
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
    @TheShaytoon...will you have any time this week to help? Much appreciated!
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • I am on right now

ok...

Where are you stuck?

Dallas, TX

·
  • @fence0407

Are you around?

Dallas, TX

·
    @TheShaytoon - my apologies! I had already shut down for the evening. Should have time this evening though.
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • TheShaytoonTheShaytoon Posts: 416
    edited February 2014
    @Fence0407  ok...you can email me at TheShaytoon at Outlook.com

Dallas, TX

·
    Thanks - will do!
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
    @TheShaytoon - did you get my email?
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • @fence0407 I did not...

theshaytoon at outlook.com?

Dallas, TX

·
    @fence0407 I did not...

theshaytoon at outlook.com?

Yea I just sent it again - should be coming from fence0407 at gmail.com

image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
    I have not been able to get the CyberQ to connect in infrastructure mode. I've decided to return the device and look for something else.
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • We're you able to connect with theshaytoon?
    ·