Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Pet Peeves

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Hey @Cymbaline65 , here's some stewed okra and tomatoes I made just the other day. Want some?
    okra.jpg 306.5K

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin said:
    Hipsters drinking PBRs. :))
    Actually Griffin, drinking PBR in general would qualify.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    hey griff, have some chili with fish sauce bay leaf and cinimon and everything :D

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 1.  People who insist on talking on their mobile phones at concert hall volumes in public places

2.  People who don't spell and grammar check professional communications

3. People who think they can cram a steamer trunk into the overhead bins on any given jet.

4. Okra

Further to #2 noted above people who say "we've got", it should be either "we have" or "we got".
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Griffin

@Cymbaline65 =))

@fishlessman I'd try your concoction and probably enjoy it. Whatever it is. But it ain't chili. ;) (actually, not enough info to go on there, but cinnamon? Why?)

Rowlett, Texas

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    edited February 2014
    Griffin said:

@Cymbaline65 =))

@fishlessman I'd try your concoction and probably enjoy it. Whatever it is. But it ain't chili. ;) (actually, not enough info to go on there, but cinnamon? Why?)

the cinnamon tames down the bite from the allspice :))

here it is on boiled taters

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Griffin said:
    Hey @Cymbaline65 , here's some stewed okra and tomatoes I made just the other day. Want some?
    Okra is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start. Could it be the slime? Those nasty, seedy internals? I'd rather drink PBR, a 40 of Schlitz Malt Liquor or Carling Black Label. Gah!
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    The supposedly food-like substance that people scrape off the bottom of their lawn mowers and call "greens"

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited February 2014
    Not meant for anyone in particular, just a Pinkman **** for all the bitchers.
    Flint, Michigan
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Pics of dashboard temps (hot or cold)
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• I also forgot to mention Beets. Pickled Beets. My personal Kryptonite. Why would ANYONE want their food to bleed on everything?
  • Griffin said:

@Cymbaline65 =))

the cinnamon tames down the bite from the allspice :))

here it is on boiled taters

It ain't Portuguese without chaurice. I found a new food store and have like ten pounds in the fridge.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hi54putty said:

When people say "I could care less" when the mean the opposite.

When people start a sentence with "honestly."

My response to that is "then why don't you" haha that is one of mine as well. Glad I'm not the only one
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    People that make fun of pbr and then grab a Dasan....er, Lone star light.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    Anything "lite" or "light" is wrong.
  • People who have "royal we" suggestions. I have people at church or at work say to me "Hey, we should do this or that." The "we" really means "YOU."
    My response is always "That sounds great! How can I help you get started?"

CRICKETS!!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Griffin
    henapple said:

Gee....I haven't had a Lone Star Light Since Christmas. Might have to pick some up on the way home. But first, I will be drinking one of these while sitting on my porch enjoying the sunshine and 65 degree weather and thinking of all you snow bound people out east.

Rowlett, Texas

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Griffin said:

People who wait till they get up to the counter before looking at the menu. Its not like the menu at insert name of restaurant has changed that much since the day they opened.

Yankees who think they seem to know anything about chili when all they are really doing is making a bean and beef bake soup.

Canadians, eh? Kidding about the Canadians...except Beiber. You can have him back.

Texans that seem to think beef is BBQ ;)
  • People who wait till they get up to the counter before looking at the menu. Its not like the menu at insert name of restaurant has changed that much since the day they opened.

Yankees who think they seem to know anything about chili when all they are really doing is making a bean and beef bake soup.

Canadians, eh? Kidding about the Canadians...except Beiber. You can have him back.

Texans that seem to think beef is BBQ ;)
    Ee'll take Bieber back if you keep Dion, Thicke, Thicke and Carrey

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• henapple
    @Griffin. ..I didn't name anyone
  • Griffin

@henapple Nor did I

@Eggcelsior No, but my 5 year old god daughter could cook a pork butt. Brisket is where the real challenge is.;)

Rowlett, Texas

• henapple said:
    People who sit in a long line of traffic and get pissed when I motor down to the merge point and scoot them over with my F-250. >:)
    People who drive to the Merge point of traffic and then move over.................like their time is more important then everyone else who is waiting in line...........................
  • henapple
    It is...green egg and PBR waiting at home.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    When people say "I could care less" when the mean the opposite. When people start a sentence with "honestly."
    My response to that is "then why don't you" haha that is one of mine as well. Glad I'm not the only one
    My college roommate and I used to argue about this. I submit that both are correct - if you couldn't care less then you've reached zero. If you could care less, then the matter is insignificant enough for you that you can further decrease how much you care for it... Until you REALLY couldn't care less!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    I'm in the "couldn't care less" group...
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I couldn't care less what group you are in.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Whatever

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Oh the love
  • caliking said:
    When people say "I could care less" when the mean the opposite. When people start a sentence with "honestly."
    My college roommate and I used to argue about this. I submit that both are correct - if you couldn't care less then you've reached zero. If you could care less, then the matter is insignificant enough for you that you can further decrease how much you care for it... Until you REALLY couldn't care less!

You're wrong, and your lump sucks.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike