Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

VOINK Balls and Baked Potato Soup (on the Mini BGE)

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum

South Carolina is experiencing an ice storm today and tomorrow.  Fortunately, my wife and I haven't had a loss of power....yet.  Though we made preparations in the case that happens.  We have the essentials though:  Water, Chips, Cookies, Candles, Charcoal and Meat.  ;)  We actually had a bunch of stuff in the freezer already.  While rummaging through the freezer earlier, I ran across some meatballs and peppered deer bacon.  Figured I could make some MOINK balls with them.  Although MOINK doesn't really represent these too well.  Figured "VOINK" would be a better term since the meatballs contained pork (oink) and the bacon contained deer ("v" for venison).  Usually the bacon and the meatballs would be the other way around (the pig being used for bacon and the venison being used for the meatball), but not this time.  :)  My deer processor is known for their "deer bacon."  I have no earthly idea what they put into it, but they do a pretty dang good job.  And these "VOINK balls" have been my favorite use for it thus far. 

Here is the Peppered Deer Bacon:

And here is the Mini BGE warming up with Cherry Wood and the prepped VOINK balls:

VOINK balls on:

VOINK balls sauced and done.  Man o' man these were GOOD!!  =P~

Couldn't just have VOINK balls though....we also found some leftover homemade Baked Potato Soup in the freezer.  It was the perfect meal for this rare and frigid SC day.  After the VOINK balls came off the Mini, I took the stone and woo out and placed the camping cup directly on the grate.  There was a tad bit of cherry wood left that gave the soup a nice kiss of smokiness. 

Our bellies are happy.  :)   We have Country Style Ribs in store for tomorrow.  These coupla days aren't necessarily on our diet, but we don't have days where we are snowed-in very often in SC.  Gotta live it up while it lasts.  ;)  It's also nice to get rid of some stuff in our freezers. 

Comments