Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

restaurant depot

Used a one day pass and picked up 20 lbs of pork butt and a 15 lb special Angus brisket. $2.69 on the brisket.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Wish I could get in to one of those here in Atl. But I don't have a business license.:(
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Wish I could get in to one of those here in Atl. But I don't have a business license.:(

Join KCBS and they should extend the one day pass to you.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Dont need a business license to get in....you can join 501(c)(3) like the KCBS and use that membership to gain entry.....that will cost you money but you get news letters etc......my only hangup with that is it took a while to get through the door while dealing with all the administrative stuff to get a visitor type pass....To be honest I did not find their prices to be that enticing for me to make the drive to a Resto Depot when I had multiple CostCo's or Wegman's nearby.......
  • @henapple - Do you think that will be enough to last for the latest snowpocalypse?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm safe
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited February 2014
    Those are some mad MS PAINT skills!  Can't believe Alaska doesn't have any snow though.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Their meat is really cheap and good quality. I picked up a 15 lb black angus brisket last week also and 2 picnics and 12 pounds of beef back ribs. Total was like $90. Picnics are in the XL now.
  • That's an accurate map! :)  Still doesn't stop everyone around here from freaking out when they see a few flurries.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Lit said:
    Their meat is really cheap and good quality. I picked up a 15 lb black angus brisket last week also and 2 picnics and 12 pounds of beef back ribs. Total was like $90. Picnics are in the XL now.
    I agree. The selection is also great. Our Costco is good, but they don't have packer briskets and no beef ribs of any kind.  RD is also a lot cheaper and they have Plate Ribs.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Wish I could get in to one of those here in Atl. But I don't have a business license.:(
    My sister has a beauty salon, she gave me a copy of her business license and appointed me an employee long enough to get her a membership there... then I got one of the cards from her. The business doesn't necessarily have to be related to the food service industry.
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    jtippers said:

Wish I could get in to one of those here in Atl. But I don't have a business license.:(

My sister has a beauty salon, she gave me a copy of her business license and appointed me an employee long enough to get her a membership there... then I got one of the cards from her. The business doesn't necessarily have to be related to the food service industry.

Did you tell them not to mess with the Zohan?
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480

Send me a pm and you can roll with me. The one in Norcoross is fairly close to my house.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Looper
    Looper Posts: 44
    There may be different policies at the stores because we got a full members pass (not one day) through our KCBS membership.  It's the only place we know where we can get pork belly by the case at a pretty good price.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Looper said:
    There may be different policies at the stores because we got a full members pass (not one day) through our KCBS membership.  It's the only place we know where we can get pork belly by the case at a pretty good price.
    I went for my first time earlier this week and also got a full member pass.

Did you try to setup online access for it? And if so, what did you use for the zip code when registering it?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Looper
    DMW said:
    Looper said:
    I went for my first time earlier this week and also got a full member pass.

Did you try to setup online access for it? And if so, what did you use for the zip code when registering it?

Yeah we did it online then my wife called the store manager to confirm our membership was accepted.  He nicely said that it was so the next day we went in and filled out a form and got our barcode cards.  Once when entering the store and checking in, they said their computer messaged that our business license number was missing, but when we explained we were with KCBS, they said no problem and let us in.  No issues ever since.
  • Looper

We used our own zip code for Auburn, Washington.

• henapple
    I told them I ran a prostitution ring...I really don't think they will turn anyone away.
  • Looper
    Business is business.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:

I told them I ran a prostitution ring...I really don't think they will turn anyone away.

Well, that is the world's oldest profession.

• All anyone needs is a copy of any business license for any type of business and it does not need to be food related in any way. You will get up to 4 cards that anyone can use as they don't have a persons name on them. So if you don't have a business license I'm sure someone you know does, it is no cost to the business to be a member.

Jupiter Jim

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

• RLeeper said:

Send me a pm and you can roll with me. The one in Norcoross is fairly close to my house.
    Pm sent
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • Yes, all you need is a tax exempt number from any business, and that will get you in. By far they have the best selection in meats, and a lot of other items. I love Costco, but RD blows them away.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • Can anyone email me a copy of their business licence :-)
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • henapple
    Sure. I'll fax one over. I run a bordello out of the back of a ladies apparel store. It's called "Britches and Hose".
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    henapple said:
    Sure. I'll fax one over. I run a bordello out of the back of a ladies apparel store. It's called "Britches and Hose".
    Henapple, please mail me 1 of your 4 Restaurant Depot cards.  You know my address  :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    henapple said:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Cool send it 
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

Can anyone email me a copy of their business licence :-)

Just join KCBS http://www.kcbs.us
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • I just talked to a friend that said he would give me a copy of his business license. He owns a carpet store in Snellville on 78.
    They don't care if you don't own a restaurant or have anything to do with food ??
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566

I did a charity cook and it was enough to get me a membership at RD.