Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Richard Parker: The big black, white and brown dog

Sorry, play on Clifford there. Large egg.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Is Clifford watching Westminster Dog Show tonight?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I thought it was funny. He loves the snow and cold. It's bitchin' cold here tonight and he can't get enough of it. He was laying half buried in the snow in front of the small and he dwarfed it. Couldn't get a pic of that though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Is that a Bernese Mountain dog?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Great shot -

Is he a Bernese Mountain Dog? I have known two of them and they were the sweetest dogs.

Cheers!

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • TUTTLE871 said:
    Is that a Bernese Mountain dog?

Great shot -

Is he a Bernese Mountain Dog? I have known two of them and they were the sweetest dogs.

Cheers!

Yes he is. He has another six months of growing yet.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Wow, lets hope he grows out rather than up or he will be able to pull stuff right out of the Egg! If you need to move the Egg he could pull it quite well I would imagine.
    :D
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • You have no idea! Stubborn bastid. If he wants to go he's dragging you. If he doesn't you aren't pulling him. Sweet personality though. He's got counter surfing down to a fine art. We have tried dog shaming him but it doesn't work.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• So cool! I have a pic of Richard Parker with a sign around his neck saying "I ate the hamburgers for dinner" but can't find it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    My brother has two and a Great Dane to boot.  Had 8 Danes at one point and a few Swissies along the way.  Mr. Flynn is a little guy but holds his own with the Big Dogs......  What he lacks in stature, he makes up for in the "coolness" department.   Your pup will grow Big - Ask me how I know ...
    Milton, GA.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    My wife and I have a new puppy, her name us chanel. She's 9 weeks old atm.

• BUMP - Because Richard Parker was a good sport entertaining my 5 year old daughter last summer. Unknown to him, she wanted to hide him in our van and take him home with us. Nobody would have noticed he was in there, right? He's a great dog!
    Flint, Michigan
  • pab
    pab Posts: 273
    You have no idea! Stubborn bastid. If he wants to go he's dragging you. If he doesn't you aren't pulling him. Sweet personality though. He's got counter surfing down to a fine art. We have tried dog shaming him but it doesn't work.

you tried dog shaming him? Hope you didn't call him an ****! :))
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • No way. Kids are one thing but a dog is a different matter.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• So I made burgers tonight using all the techniques I have learned here. Minimal compression, not over handling, salt and pepper...no binder. They were a little loose so I put them out on the deck to freeze up a bit.  Richard Parker was in his room and instructions were given to all not to let him out. My darling wife forgot....no burgers no mo.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    At least he's living high on the hog.
  • Eggcelsior
    Monsieur Etienne, what is the basis for the name of the wee pup? Shipwreck victims? Weekend at Bernies?
  • Monsieur Etienne, what is the basis for the name of the wee pup? Shipwreck victims? Weekend at Bernies?
    The girls decided on Parker for a name. I protested but lost the battle. I call him Richard Parker (Life of Pi) and everyone else does now too. Sometimes you win by losing.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Talk about odd timing.  I've not heard of this breed before this thread, then this shows up on, of all places, a motorcycle forum:

(hope you brush Mr. Parker on occasion)  
    :D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Great looking dog. Sounds like you need to break him of that cabinet surfing. Like I'm one to talk. We have to lock up and /or hide all our food before leaving the house. I think our primary use of the mircorwave is storing bread so the dog won't get it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    You have no idea! Stubborn bastid. If he wants to go he's dragging you. If he doesn't you aren't pulling him. Sweet personality though. He's got counter surfing down to a fine art. We have tried dog shaming him but it doesn't work.
    Some friends found "mice traps / not rat traps ((the old spring loaded types)) worked just fine on the counters and couch. By the third day did not even spring them. Never tried it with our poodles as the feet I am afraid is to small.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Nelly says hay: image

• We could put them on the counter tops I guess. We have a Shih Tzu and a Chihuahua as well so we couldn't use them on the furniture.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    We went 20 years with Bassett's and after getting the first Standard never thought of counter surfing.

• Eggcelsior
    Mickey said:
    We went 20 years with Bassett's and after getting the first Standard never thought of counter surfing.
    My standard counter surfs everything at my parents house. Nothing at mine. Weird. I have more than tempted her.
  • Mickey
    Mickey said:
    My standard counter surfs everything at my parents house. Nothing at mine. Weird. I have more than tempted her.
    Strange, this one (above) never counter surf, the others: not so never....