Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini stuffed Pasilla peppers

Options
Stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, rice and black-eyed beans.  Topped with pepper jack cheese and sun dried tomatoes.  A side of fresh spinach nestles nearby.  Out of the BGE they looked a bit dry and leathery. In the mouth they were quite delicious!
LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Very purdy! And sounds tasty. Had to quickly google pasilla peppers because I couldn't remember off hand how hot they were (and I figured people would ask). Knew they were milder than a jalapeno (3,500-8,000 scoville). Turns out they come in right above the pablano at 1,000-2,500.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Tackman
    Tackman Posts: 230
    Options
    Loooooooking gooooooood!!! So very jealous of you west coasters and your nice weather. Here it's 3 degrees. Egging is still fun in the cold, but not nearly as fun.
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Very purdy! And sounds tasty. Had to quickly google pasilla peppers because I couldn't remember off hand how hot they were (and I figured people would ask). Knew they were milder than a jalapeno (3,500-8,000 scoville). Turns out they come in right above the pablano at 1,000-2,500.
    Aye...pasilla peppers can be a nice change of pace from green bell peppers. Also good for chili rellenos!
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    Tackman said:
    Loooooooking gooooooood!!! So very jealous of you west coasters and your nice weather. Here it's 3 degrees. Egging is still fun in the cold, but not nearly as fun.
    Thanks Tackman!  I am a native so I take this weather for granted. With the drought we have been told to cut back water usage 20%. And we get the occasional fog horn sounds that come from the nearby jetty...it can be annoying when it wakes you up. 0600 outside temp. this morning is 51F, inside is 64F, I have not used the house furnace in well over 25 years. And the potential for earthquakes....   Hang in the man!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks beautiful! And tasty too.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.