Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh Hell....Snow is returning to Georgia!!!!

I hope it dumps on us. I want to play outside with my two boys. For preparation, I picked up a rack of ribs, chicken leg quarters, 2lb bone in ribeye, a tri tip and some chicken legs for THE chicken. I think we can make it through a few days. Bring it on!
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments

• I'm glad you are excited about the snow.
    Myself we are around 60" for this winter and I've had enough to last me a while.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • We are prepared also, made a trip to Costco and stocked up last week. The stores were crazy yesterday, no parking, lines at gas station. I'm more concerned about ice and no power (I can at least cook on my egg).
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE
  • Why did people buy ice melt,salt,sand etc..... Oh,,,,so they won't get stuck like .last time ??? Ask them this,,,,are you really going to be out driving around or are you sticking at home? I bet 9 out of 10 are staying at the house!!!. Last time my work took me to St. Thomas virgin Islands for two days so I totally missed it.:) wife was not happy but hey,,it was work!
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Mayberry said:
    I hope it dumps on us. I want to play outside with my two boys. For preparation, I picked up a rack of ribs, chicken leg quarters, 2lb bone in ribeye, a tri tip and some chicken legs for THE chicken. I think we can make it through a few days. Bring it on!
    I think you are getting your wish. I'm in the mostly ice section of the metro area. Waiting for the power to go out and will cook everything in the freezer.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• stantrb
    stantrb Posts: 156
    Y'all are making me wish I'd stayed in north Florida. Kentucky has been buried under snow for the better part of a month.
    Minimax and a wood-fired oven.
  • laserdoc85
    laserdoc85 Posts: 577
    edited February 2014
    Hope it dumps on us. Want to ride the ATV up to publix ,and run the dogs out on the golf course. Fun,fun,fun!!!
    Big ol snow flakes coming down here in jefferson !!!!!!
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I got a brisket, 2 picnics, and 12 pounds of beef back ribs to cook. Can't say I'm as excited though. They are calling for about 7" here in north Georgia with a quarter inch of icing on trees and power lines. The flakes coming down now are the biggest I have ever seen in my time in GA and tomorrow/thursday is supposed to be the bad days. Looks like I can work from home the rest of the week and I can watch my eggs from where I work.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    @STANTRB....+1 on the snow here in KY. I just got back from Bahamas Saturday from 80 degrees to 20 degrees here !!  Where are you in KY ??

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    The weather soothsayers have upgraded the snow event from 5+ inches to 12-20 here in Maryland. We will see.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

The weather soothsayers have upgraded the snow event from 5+ inches to 12-20 here in Maryland. We will see.

I find www.footsforecast.org to be the most consistent for predictions in the Baltimore area, and they are definitely in the 12+ inch camp.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    Acn said:

I find www.footsforecast.org to be the most consistent for predictions in the Baltimore area, and they are definitely in the 12+ inch camp.
    I'll check them out. I typically use Capitol Weather Gang and NOAA, sometimes Weather Underground. Weatherbug app on my phone.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    It was warm enough here to have windows open Saturday and Sunday. We're scheduled for 8+ inches starting today and going through Thursday, maybe. It wasn't supposed to start snowing until tonight. I've been watching big fat flakes falling since the sun peaked over the horizon.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Dreger I am in the same boat as you. If we get 6 to 8 inches we will be shut down for a week.
    Duncan, SC
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    If the models get together and we actually will get enough snow on Thursday to snow us in, I think I'm going to throw a brisket on early AM in protest. At least we'll eat well Thursday night.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    You're right Mross. Our area doesn't have the road equipment to handle that much snow and ice on the roads. However, the forecast calls for highs in the 60's starting next Tuesday, so it will probably melt by then.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Armageddon.... Lol. We really havent had a big snow event here in md since the 2 blizzards in 2 days back in 2010. I pulled my lbge a lil closer to the door
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

I hope everyone was smart enough to stock up for the rain storm.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • It hasn't left Michigan. I feel for you southern people. We have the road equipment and salt. But many roads are just potholes with space around them.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Eggcelsior
    DIS GON BE GOOD!

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

You guys are cute!!!!!!!!!!!

• Eggcelsior
    hondabbq said:

You guys are cute!!!!!!!!!!!

I take what I can get. I wish I lived where I could get as much snow as you GWNers
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Just updated our weather in north Georgia. Snow from 9pm tonight to 5am Thursday.
  • SNOWMAGGEDON 2 for Atlanta. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and spent 5 years in Germany. Snow flurries here make people lose their minds here.

Got some Kerosene for the heater in case the electric goes out. Cabinets are stocked. But more importantly, I foiled the Egg gasket so it doesn't freeze shut this time.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • DIS GON BE GOOD!

I guess that dispels the myth that all crap weather comes from Canada eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    @Little_Steven, classic Nor'easter. Artic low(from Canada) is keeping this wonderful cold air around so all the Gulf moisture this baby is sucking up is dropped as beautiful white flakes as opposed to rain. It's much appreciated in fact. Thursday is a special day and I may be able to spend it snowboarding instead of talking about bloody diarrhea. Life is good! Also, I bought some Kamiks(made in Canada) and I may get to try them out while shoveling amongst other adventures. Thanks, Canada! 

By the way, I totally want to buy an island in Georgian Bay. That looks badass.
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Now the most interesting thing in Georgia this time is our governor (after being blasted two weeks ago) has issued a request for all large trucks to stay out of Atlanta.  He is encouraging them to take other highways in the state which will put them on the back roads of Georgia.   These are the areas which have less resources than the metro Atlanta area.   Atlanta may look good on the news    DOnt look anywhere else though.  Someone help me to understand this.......
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Ribs, chicken, tri-tips, rib eye, charcoal...All are important.   But, growing up in rural Nebraska, I strongly recommend that you stock up on toilet paper.  
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    bo31210 said:
    Now the most interesting thing in Georgia this time is our governor (after being blasted two weeks ago) has issued a request for all large trucks to stay out of Atlanta.  He is encouraging them to take other highways in the state which will put them on the back roads of Georgia.   These are the areas which have less resources than the metro Atlanta area.   Atlanta may look good on the news    DOnt look anywhere else though.  Someone help me to understand this.......

They also have a lot fewer cameras then Metro Atlanta.  People will think he did a great job because the shots out of CNN Tower will look fine.

It is also classic overreaction to the last storm.  We see it all the time in the Mid-Atlantic, if a school district cancels because of weather forecasts and the storm fizzles, they get lots of angry calls from parents who had to take leave to take care of their kids, so the next storm they don't cancel and buses run late, kids have to walk through uncleared sidewalks, etc, and they get lots of angry calls from parents.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• @Little_Steven, classic Nor'easter. Artic low(from Canada) is keeping this wonderful cold air around so all the Gulf moisture this baby is sucking up is dropped as beautiful white flakes as opposed to rain. It's much appreciated in fact. Thursday is a special day and I may be able to spend it snowboarding instead of talking about bloody diarrhea. Life is good! Also, I bought some Kamiks(made in Canada) and I may get to try them out while shoveling amongst other adventures. Thanks, Canada! 

By the way, I totally want to buy an island in Georgian Bay. That looks badass.
    It's pretty beautiful. That is the place I miss most from boating.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Acn said:
    bo31210 said:

They also have a lot fewer cameras then Metro Atlanta.  People will think he did a great job because the shots out of CNN Tower will look fine.

It is also classic overreaction to the last storm.  We see it all the time in the Mid-Atlantic, if a school district cancels because of weather forecasts and the storm fizzles, they get lots of angry calls from parents who had to take leave to take care of their kids, so the next storm they don't cancel and buses run late, kids have to walk through uncleared sidewalks, etc, and they get lots of angry calls from parents.

I think that was a big reason schools did not close during "snowjam".  A few weeks prior, they closed schools because it was really cold and many people complained, so they under-reacted to the forecast.  After snowjam, I think they are going to close schools in GA if there is the slightest chance of chilled precipitation.   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.