Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanks! PIC HEAVY!!

Just wanted to shoot a quick thank you to everyone for their tips and tricks on these EGGs.  I picked up an XL demo model a few months back, and can't stop cooking.  Wanted to share some pics.  Thank you again for all your help!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
·

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,429
    Well it certainly looks like you've got the hang of it!!  Nicely done!! =D>

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • fusionhqfusionhq Posts: 1,408
    edited February 2014

BOWHUNR said:
    Well it certainly looks like you've got the hang of it!!  Nicely done!! =D>

Mike
    I did a lot of research, and most of it was spot on.  There are still some improvements I need to make, like how to NOT burn the edges of the ribs.  I'm guessing with appropriate rack setup, it wouldn't be a problem.
    ·
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 876
    edited February 2014
    Looks fantastic. Had to go get some paper towels to wipe the drool off of my desk.  
    :D
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,134
    Great stuff. A little foil where the plate setter doesn't cover should save those end ribs. Nice work!
    ·
  • butertbutert Posts: 172
    What is image 2156?
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,150

Dude, you don't really serve that crap to people you know do you?

You've clearly got potential and if you cook on your egg 3 times a week or so for a year you'll probably get there. 

In the meantime, you can just give all of your training cooks to me and I'll dispose of them properly.

Where do you live?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • GoVolsGoVols Posts: 180
    Nice looking cooks.
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
    ·
    What we call chicken bombs, with chicken breast.
    butert said:

What is image 2156?

Haha! Thanks!!
    Foghorn said:

Dude, you don't really serve that crap to people you know do you?

You've clearly got potential and if you cook on your egg 3 times a week or so for a year you'll probably get there. 

In the meantime, you can just give all of your training cooks to me and I'll dispose of them properly.

Where do you live?

Leftover ribs on as we speak...
    imageimage
    image.jpg 1.6M
    ·
    Jacksonville Florida!!
    ·
  • fusionhq said:
    Jacksonville Florida!!
    sigh, I miss Jacksonville.  We used to live right off San Pablo Road in between Atlantic Blvd.and Beach Blvd.  I'm guessing it's changed a lot since we lived there almost 20 years ago.
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,003
    edited February 2014
    My brother lives in Jville. He has a BBQ spot, Smokin Pig BBQ.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • Great looking cooks.
    ·
    I can tell you, a lot!!!! Has changed. I live nearby.
    ·