Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lifestyle Change (pix)

Options

I apologize about neglecting the forum lately, but my wife and I have been making some good lifestyle changes recently.  Felt like I haven't really had any "different" cooks that would contribute to any of you, and we've also been gym rats...so between work and the gym, my forum time has been limited.  It's paid off though, because I'm down 38 pounds and my bride is down 30.  We feel great, but I still have a ways to go.  Keep having to remind myself...it's a marathon...not a race.   :) 

Even though we've been doing things a little healthier, I've still been able to fire up the eggs.  My biggest "egg day" is on Sunday.  That's when I grill up all my lunches and breakfasts for the week.  I usually grill up boring chicken breasts, but this past Sunday I grilled up a bunch of lean center cut pork chops and a flat iron steak.  My wife also whips up a mess of brown rice and veggies to go with.  Trying to stick with "clean carbs."  I have also been making Kale Frittatas (using Egg Whites) for the week.  Here are a few pix:

For the Kale Frittatas, I start by sautéing some chopped kale along with EVOO and reduced sodium chicken broth.  Once it has cooked to a decent consistency, I place the kale into cake pans and pour in a good amount of egg whites into each pan.  You can add S&P to taste.  Then bake at 350 deg f until they're set (you can use the BGE, but to be honest, I normally use the kitchen clock thingy....:) ).  Pretty tasty stuff, and healthy as all get out!  I try to get about 6 or 7 egg whites into each serving.  Kale is an awesome source of calcium and other good stuff, so this makes for an awesome low calorie and protein packed breakfast.image

I usually add a little bit of Cholulu Hot Sauce.  :) 

Hopefully as things progress, I'll have better stuff to contribute to the forum.  Been trying to come up with some healthier options on the grill, but to be honest, things have been kinda boring.  I'll try to step it up!  :)  And BTW, y'all have been grilling up some amazing cooks!  I've been catching up on a lot of stuff today, and I would comment on about a hundred of them, but I don't want to beat a dead horse by bringing back old posts! 

Comments