Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's on your BGE for NFL Sunday?

Options
BYC
BYC Posts: 358
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just threw a beautiful huge Costco beef brisket on for the Redskins--Eagles game. [p]The menu also includes:[p]Pulled butt
Philly cheese-steaks
Jumbo lump crab cakes
Egg smoked chicken salad
Smoked tomato/cilantro salsa--from the BGE of course
Brats
Carrot cake[p]And a fried Eagle.....whoops fried turkey. But then come Monday the Eagles will be fried.[p]See you fellow Eggmen/women in the green lot. Just follow your nose and join us!!![p]GO SKINS!!!![p]

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    BYC,
    I have Chef Rd wings, crab cakes as well.
    Then dip.
    Would like to compare carrot cake recipes.[p]Oh, TO has BO.[p]Mike

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I'd like to compare my dessert with yours..........LOL
    " Chocolate Jack Daniels Pecan Pie Praline Cheesecake "
    whew...........hehehe
    thats the longest name for a dessert I have seen in a while
    I'll post a pic and recipe in the next day or so.

• BYC
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]TO is OT. Could one man be any more disruptive? Skins by 14.[p]Carrot cake recipe to follow.

• BYC
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]I have found that sour mash products like Jack Daniels are somewhat sharp for dessert items. Why do you prefer a sour mash product over a pure whiskey product such as Makers Mark? [p]Thanks in advance.[p]DH
  • WVU-Egg
    WVU-Egg Posts: 101
    Options
    BYC,
    30 lbs of pork on the large tonight. 1 big chunk of Hickory and 1 chunk of Cherry. For some reason I love this mixture of smoke.[p]Should be done right around 1 EST! Neighbor loves pulled pork on the egg so much he paid me the $ to buy 2 butts for him. So they are cranking along.........[p]I keep telling him he needs to get his own egg so he's thinking about it.[p]

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Now, why I want to go up against professional. You win, with out even looking.
    Looing forward to pics my friend. And the recipe.[p]
    Mike

• BYC
    Options
    WVU_Egg,
    He's probably waiting to see if WVU is really a 16th ranked football team, which they appear to be.[p]Tell him not to wait.......BUY NOW!!!!!

• Chef Wil
    Options
    BYC,
    merely for name recognition, the sugars in the recipe tend to tone down the actual mash kinda sorta and leaves more of a distinct flavor. But any bourbon would work, I have used Southern Comfort with great success as well.

• BYC
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]Understood.[p]Thanks

• Chef Wil
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    many fine cooks sit home real quietly. I found that out a long time ago. You and many other eggers are very well respected as fine cooks here and I for one have alot to learn from this board, so keep on cooking, posting pics and recipes, you never know who's watching and taking notes.

• BYC
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]Copious notes....;)
  • BYC,
    Probably have the cover on it. Have to get ready for trip north tomorrow ( New Jersey)yuck to see mother in law.
    Go Game Cocks !!!![p]Jerry

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    BYC,
    well
    the patriots play monday night, and i'm off to a christening today.....[p]dying to cook.[p]here's some advice for you fans of other teams, though.[p]if you can, try to convince your team not to win three out of four superbowls in a row. your team will end up with a schedule that includes wednesday-night games that kick-off at 11:30 pm against a fantasy team composed of the combined division winners. [p]i'd kill for a nice sunday, 1pm game. sheesh.[p]haven'y had ribs in ages....

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    BYC,[p]7 lb turkey breast with a rosemary and roasted garlic paste slathered under the skin. Smoked with a touch of pecan wood.[p]Redskins![p]John
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    BYC,
    I got some Jamaican Firewalk wings a goin' now.
    If you haven't took a whif of that fresh Firewalk as soon as it hits the hot grill you dont know what ur missin'.
    Plus try using that stuff on a whole bird and let it sit in ur kitchen..the aroma is to die for. They should make a car deoderizer in that scent.
    Oh by the way this stuff tastes amazing as well.
    Go JETS! J!E!T!S!
    (Just- End- The- Season) Reggie Bush, from USC, 1st round draft pick next spring!!!!!!
    ST

• crkscrw
    Options
    BYC,[p]Nothing, nada, zilch. Cooked chicken & veg fajitas with all the fixin's for 70 people this week...takin' a break til, oh Wednesday.