Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: I am about to become like you.......

Options
2»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    ...  Of course, anything's possible with enough booze.
    @henapple is living proof of that statement.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited February 2014
    Options
    @Mickey Come Friday what are you going to do with your spare time, aside from wash your vehicles? Tour the country amd sample food from all of us? :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @DMW if you are in Seaside FL I will be there Sunday. March 15 will have about 350 of you here in Texas for my Salado EggFest. Early Apr will be in Austin for the Texas Fest and late April I think in Athens for that Fest. Then to Georgia in mid May for the Georgia Mountain Fest. So in answer to your question: Hell Yea :)]
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Options

At one time in another life my company car was a Mercedes and all related expenses. It went with my corner office overlooking a lake, company American Express card, fully paid medical insurance including up to $500 in aspirin and band aid type purchases.  I could charter airplanes to take me to important meetings or use the company motor coach or beach house when I felt like it.  Then one day I realized that all of that didn't make me happy so I gave my two weeks notice and went home to lay by the pool as I adjusted to life without all of that stuff.  To this day I still think I made the right decision.

You'll adjust. 

Spring "One Life To Live" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Little Steven
    Options
    Only if there's enough booze & the children have gone to bed.
    What does your next door lady look like? Always had a thing for Betty when I was young

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Mickey said:

@DMW if you are in Seaside FL I will be there Sunday. March 15 will have about 350 of you here in Texas for my Salado EggFest. Early Apr will be in Austin for the Texas Fest and late April I think in Athens for that Fest. Then to Georgia in mid May for the Georgia Mountain Fest.
    So in answer to your question: Hell Yea :)]

Bring your sorry ass to the Boro
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Only if there's enough booze & the children have gone to bed.
    What does your next door lady look like? Always had a thing for Betty when I was young
    Alas, the truth is not as enticing as it is on TV.  My neighbor lady is in her seventies and not as put together as Christie Brinkley.  My Wilma's hotter.  
    Flint, Michigan
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Glad I clicked this thread. --- congrats Mickey!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Letz4wheel
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I just retired last week after 47 years in the auto business - 32 in the US and 15 in the UK in both retail and, mostly, in the wholesale auto auction business. While we had company cars all those years, they were used cars - nice, late model one, of course, but strictly used. I always kept a couple of other cars for fun anyway and now they're my everyday "smokes'.
    Have a long, happy, mobile and healthy retirement.

You  got me by 2 years. Started in the business 1969.

When I started we sold new Toyota HiLux (PU) MSRP at $1500 and Corolla's at about $1250.

Have not had a vehicle with over 5000 miles on it in forever. Bet I do now...

Cant wait till the end of the month.

Thanks.

:)) i change the oil in my dodge every 7500 miles :)) and in 25 years ive washed it maybe 6 or 7 times :D welcome to the other side

Any chance the Dodge looks like the egg? :)
    Southern Indiana
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    doesnt look bad after 25 years of negect, even with the dreaded dodge paint peel

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    edited February 2014
    Options

fishlessman  You are what would kill the new car auto business. I am not saying you are wrong (I think you are spot on) but if lots were like you we would have less than one third the new car stores you see today. It is not a question if the cars/trucks will run it, we just get tired of them after 27 months and trade off.  Good for me, I get to retire.

But I will keep my new truck till I stop driving, thinking 15 to 20 years. Wife's car trade at 5 year/ 75k time as to  what comes first (yep, just like the rest of them).

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    what i didnt realize 25 years ago is that in 25 years i would be living my second childhood  ( and they didnt tell me that would be rust maintanence, bondo, new body panels, just like with my first 74 dodge dart   :))  ) if i didnt roll that car i would probably still be driving it :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    Options
    fishlessman  I hope to meet you one of these days. I still remember when my previous dog had to be put to sleep, the note you sent me.. Thanks once more.