Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Porterhouse night

r2davis65r2davis65 Posts: 129
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
I've been wanting to try steaks on the BGE for the last month so i bought two porterhouse steaks today. I put the griddle on while the Egg was getting up to temp (600 dome) so it would be sizzling hot for the steaks. I put some EVOO on the steaks and applied Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Cooked the steaks about 3 1/2 minutes a side and then rested under foil for about 10-15 minutes. Served with A-1 Sauce (our favorite) and a baked potato. Excellent! Also, we had dough and ingredients left over from last night's pizza cook so the wife put one together and cooked in a cast iron skillet in the oven. Dinner feast included Porterhouse steaks from the egg, baked potato, and deep dish pizza.
image.jpg 2.1M
image.jpg 2.3M
·

Comments

• Finished steaks.
    image.jpg 2.6M
    image.jpg 1.7M
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,336
    Sounds real good!!
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    I'm there
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,093
    Not sure I would be able to decide, steak or pizza? Both...
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,671
    For a minute I thought you were going to put some porterhouse in the deep dish...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • nolan8vnolan8v Posts: 230
    @r2davis65,

Very nice looking steaks!

Where did you get your griddle from? I need one.

Website link please.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

·
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 609
    Looks awesome!
    NW IOWA
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    Porterhouse and deep dish in the same cook??  I want to party with you my friend!  Nicely done!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Nolan, it's a Lodge LDP3 reversible griddle. Amazon.
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,211
    Looks delicious!
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·