Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Porterhouse night

r2davis65r2davis65 Posts: 129
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
I've been wanting to try steaks on the BGE for the last month so i bought two porterhouse steaks today. I put the griddle on while the Egg was getting up to temp (600 dome) so it would be sizzling hot for the steaks. I put some EVOO on the steaks and applied Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Cooked the steaks about 3 1/2 minutes a side and then rested under foil for about 10-15 minutes. Served with A-1 Sauce (our favorite) and a baked potato. Excellent! Also, we had dough and ingredients left over from last night's pizza cook so the wife put one together and cooked in a cast iron skillet in the oven. Dinner feast included Porterhouse steaks from the egg, baked potato, and deep dish pizza.
image.jpg 2.1M
image.jpg 2.3M

Comments

• Finished steaks.
    image.jpg 2.6M
    image.jpg 1.7M
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,389
    Sounds real good!!
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,673
    I'm there
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,247
    Not sure I would be able to decide, steak or pizza? Both...
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,739
    For a minute I thought you were going to put some porterhouse in the deep dish...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• nolan8vnolan8v Posts: 237
    r2davis65,

Very nice looking steaks!

Where did you get your griddle from? I need one.

Website link please.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Philly35Philly35 Posts: 628
    Looks awesome!
    NW IOWA
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    Porterhouse and deep dish in the same cook??  I want to party with you my friend!  Nicely done!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Nolan, it's a Lodge LDP3 reversible griddle. Amazon.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,472
    Looks delicious!
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL