Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Porterhouse night

r2davis65r2davis65 Posts: 121
edited February 9 in EggHead Forum
I've been wanting to try steaks on the BGE for the last month so i bought two porterhouse steaks today. I put the griddle on while the Egg was getting up to temp (600 dome) so it would be sizzling hot for the steaks. I put some EVOO on the steaks and applied Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Cooked the steaks about 3 1/2 minutes a side and then rested under foil for about 10-15 minutes. Served with A-1 Sauce (our favorite) and a baked potato. Excellent! Also, we had dough and ingredients left over from last night's pizza cook so the wife put one together and cooked in a cast iron skillet in the oven. Dinner feast included Porterhouse steaks from the egg, baked potato, and deep dish pizza.

Comments