Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Patron: With a twist

Discovered last night , OMG it was good. Will be shopping Monday. image
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Huh. Never seen that before. Not obvious to me that the two flavors go together.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited February 2014
    @JohnInCarolina after having that, all the others taste like cough syrup.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I love that stuff in the rocks. Que beuno!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    It's the ultimate "wide awake drunk", definitely will replace a few lesser combos I have had the pleasure of enjoying!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey said:
    @JohnInCarolina after having that, all the others taste like cough syrup.

Sounds good. Can you find this stuff in a regular liquor store?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824

Welcome to 2004
    NOLA
  • Did you mix or drink straight up? Tell us more.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Did you mix or drink straight up? Tell us more.
    I used it straight up and will. One used in her coffee and said very good. This is just so much more than the other stuff (that i thought was outstanding).......

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    @Mickey- that stuff is great. Try this one (called Irish taco). Mix shot of 2/3 cafe patron and 1/3 baileys.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack said:
    @Mickey- that stuff is great. Try this one (called Irish taco). Mix shot of 2/3 cafe patron and 1/3 baileys.
    I was over served the same drink but it was called Baby Guiness. It was 6/15/12 a day of infamy, 6/16/12 the longest day of my life, I can still feel my heartbeat in the side of my head from that day.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    henapple said:

I had to send a neighborhood apology letter to our Christmas party friends after a few of us started shooting those. Expresso with a helluva kick. I woke up in panties and a Titans football helmet

Not the same night you woke up smelling like bacon?
    Dunedin, FL
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    edited February 2014
    If you want something great to mix in coffee or drink straight, try this stuff. It makes monkeys crazy, along with elephants and Giraffes .image

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    yzzi said:

henapple said:

I had to send a neighborhood apology letter to our Christmas party friends after a few of us started shooting those. Expresso with a helluva kick. I woke up in panties and a Titans football helmet

Not the same night you woke up smelling like bacon?
    That's every night
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    henapple said:
     I woke up in panties and a Titans football helmet
    How was that any different from your usual weekend mornings??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited February 2014
    Henapple - this sites problem child!  I wonder if they painted his toe nails purple at that Christmas party?  And yes, I been there done that.. 

I love it, this is funny some do-do.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited February 2014
    I keep a bottle in the freezer.  The colder it is, the better.

Not to go to far off topic, but if you like this drink I would highly recommend white russians with an espresso shot.  Last summer we were in Jamaica for a friends wedding and we needed a "pick me up" at night from drinking all day.  Since they didn't have Red Bull, we opted for some thing else with lots of caffeine.  We drank at least one every night and when we got back my friend actually bought an espresso machine just for making these drinks!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Mickey
    I keep a bottle in the freezer.  The colder it is, the better.

Not to go to far off topic, but if you like this drink I would highly recommend white russians with an espresso shot.  Last summer we were in Jamaica for a friends wedding and we needed a "pick me up" at night from drinking all day.  Since they didn't have Red Bull, we opted for some thing else with lots of caffeine.  We drank at least one every night and when we got back my friend actually bought an espresso machine just for making these drinks!
    First thanks for the tip. Now, please NEVER worry about "not to go to far off topic". My God, that made my morning man. Now I can get thru the next 14 days till retirement... AND REAL CLOSE TO SALADO EGGFEST.... Oh, that is the getting off topic deal....

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824

If you were in Jamaica, I wonder if your drinks were made with Tia Maria?  (Jamaica's answer to Kahlua).  It's a tad sweeter than Kahlua - great stuff!!

NOLA
  • saluki2007
    @buzd504, never really paid that much attention to see what they were pouring in there.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    50 bucks a bottle here on the way to camp, would have to hide the bottle :D maybe pour it into an old rye bottle, nobody touches that stuff at the camp :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • saluki2007
    50 bucks a bottle, that's insane!  It's usually $25-$30 around here in central IL.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    50 bucks a bottle, that's insane!  It's usually $25-$30 around here in central IL.
    thats for the 1.75 liter, but the 350 ml was at 38 bucks which is really insane :)) and its not everywhere here, just a couple places i could find online
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    For those of you more inclined towards Vodka than Tequila, this is also an excellent espresso liquor.
    http://www.crownwineandspirits.com/van-gogh-double-espresso-vodka-750ml/ It's made with real beans. Also, I totally agree about the patron, it's very tasty. I just am usually more of a vodka drinker.
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • saluki2007
    I will have to keep an eye out for that @Helmet.  Thanks.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL