Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

COOKING IN THE SNOW

We rarely get snow in Middle Georgia, but we did this past Tuesday, so I just had to get out and do a little cooking

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Of all the "bad" weather I have cooked in (snow, cold, rain, sleet, freezing rain, wind, etc.), snow is the only one that I actually enjoy. It's usually not unbearably cold and it's just so quiet and peaceful! 

Nice cook!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Way to brave those elements! I've cooked in the snow, it just doesn't happen much in Dallas. What really bothers me is cooking in the cold when it is windy.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Up here in the Great White North, we get a mixed bag of weather. Wet Coast weather is mostly rain in the winter months, although we can get snow, and when it does, I LOVE it for egging. Something about being able to grill when the neighbours wouldn't consider it much.

Large, small, and a mini
  • What part of Middle Georgia @HARLEY91? I'm in Warner Robins and ran to butcher to grab a butt to cook Tuesday once I found out everything was cancelled on Wednesday. Fun smoking in the snow!
  • We never get snow. We got 2" yesterday so I had to join the cool kids and cook in it. Had to get creative though. Didn't have much groceries.

imageimage
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."

RTR
  • Resauers
    Resauers Posts: 40
    edited February 2014
    I also joined in grilling during our snow in GA.
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

Haha, a couple inches. My grill table is under snow (BGE is kept in the garage in the winter) and we have -20°F coming into the 2nd week of Feb.

I'm just jealous. All good looking cooks. 

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• They are calling for snow for North Alabama this week.  I am not really planning on cooking in it, but I am getting a bag of lump just in case the power goes out.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL