Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pineapple Head is good on???

Got some Pineapple Head by dizzy pig what is it good on other than grilled pineapple?
I  didn't realize it had alot of sugar in it so it will glaze whatever it goes on right?

thanks.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,293
    corn on the cob, and even pop corn!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Awesome on wings. Doesn't glaze really...it will burn if you don't keep an eye on it. Excellent on salmon.
    ·
  • Dude I bought you a bottle of it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,549
    Dude I bought you a bottle of it.
    Even better!! You can't have to much Dizzy Pig bye... it'll get used up too:))

·
  • just put it on the palm of your hand and eat it like candy. I like it on wings chops corn on the cob ribs with a little extra spice all indirect.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
    ·
  • Popcorn and anything from a pig, the four legged kind. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    So good. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,549
    I wanted to sweeten up my pork ribs a bit so this should fit the bill nicely!! I Might even try some grilled pineapple too..thanks to Mickeys pic.

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,031
    It's great on any of the orange veggies such as carrots, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, etc. Some have said it's good on ribs, too.......but, I've never tried that.
    ·
  • I actually mix pineapple head with a hot pepper spice that I get locally and makes a great sweet/hot spice for chicken, pork or fish.

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,031
    I actually mix pineapple head with a hot pepper spice that I get locally and makes a great sweet/hot spice for chicken, pork or fish.

I'll bet that is good........gonna look into that!!
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,263
    I like it on sweet potatoes, corn on the cob. My wife liked it on cedar planked salmon
    ·
  • Ice cream!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • I was thinking this thread was going to be about something different......
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • Spaghetti squash, salmon, baby back ribs, butternut squash, and yes, vanilla ice cream
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    My favorite is on fruit salad...yummy....
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,777
    Grilled romaine.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,772
    Just about anything... My tops are corn, peaches, and pineapple
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,583
    edited February 2014
    @caliking, I often wonder if chaat masala, with some tweaking, could taste as good, or dare I say even better, than PH?
    canuckland
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,777
    edited February 2014
    @Canugghead : fruit chaat to me is chaat masala, lime juice, cayenne powder, and a little sugar. Goes great on bananas, mangoes, strawberries, you name it. Substitute PH for the sugar and it just got better!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • I used it on top of some home made cinnamon buns and it was great.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • I put it on Vanilla Ice Cream!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,352
    Sweet Potatoes!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • TTCTTC Posts: 454
    Everything
    XL BGE - Gallatin, TN
    ·
  • Ham!
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 353
    Awesome on pork loin and sweet potatoes. Also very nice on vanilla ice cream.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    CANMAN1976 I did a small rack of ribs the other day that I rubbed with Pineapple head and they came awesome imageimage
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • brock9281brock9281 Posts: 37
    Marinate pork tenderloin in teriyaki and rub with pineapple head. FTW!
    Atlanta, GA
    ·