Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There's a little fat kid staring at me...

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
So I was making beer in the garage and suddenly, out of the corner of my eye I saw a kid standing at my garage door watching me through the steam that had condensed on the garage door window. Scared the hell out of me.  Little bugger just stood there in his green coat with his black hat on.  Never moved.  Then I realized that it was my large Egg that I'd parked just outside the door yesterday during the snow storm so I could smoke some bacon without spending too much time in the snow.
I wonder if I'm the first person that almost gave themselves a heart attack from mis-IDing a BGE.
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    =)) =)) =))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    That must be some good beer you got there.

Garnerville, NY
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I'd be calling my cooker "Little Fat Kid" from that point on!   :))

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    hahahahhahahah wow.  That is awesome!  I've never do that, but I check on my eggs daily to make sure they're still in my backyard.   My precious!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You should have seen me jump when I walked out after my wife and daughter did that

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Creepy lil guy!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Here's another creepy green guy.

Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Creepy lil guy!
    He's actually adorable. I am afraid that the heat in Salado will be face-meltingly hot for him.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    LOL, when I was a cop this kind of stuff happened on the midnight shift.  There was an appliance store that sold AC units.  They had a life sized cardboard cut out of a red headed guy in overalls in their front window, for a brand of AC.  Scared the crap out of me a couple of sleepy nights a month, when I though a burglar was in the store.  Another time I walked up to a doctor's office door to shake it, and saw someone walking toward me down a hall.    Halfway through my draw I realized it was my reflection in the glass door.  While checking the roof of a Cooks Department Store I almost sent some down range on a flock of pigeons flushed out from und an AC unit. One of our guys found a school open, while checking for burglars he heard a shotgun get racked behind him, and almost shot the door to the AC room.  There is a theme here.  AC is not your friend.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Freaky
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited February 2014
    Options
    LOL, when I was a cop this kind of stuff happened on the midnight shift.  There was an appliance store that sold AC units.  They had a life sized cardboard cut out of a red headed guy in overalls in their front window, for a brand of AC.  Scared the crap out of me a couple of sleepy nights a month, when I though a burglar was in the store.  Another time I walked up to a doctor's office door to shake it, and saw someone walking toward me down a hall.    Halfway through my draw I realized it was my reflection in the glass door.  While checking the roof of a Cooks Department Store I almost sent some down range on a flock of pigeons flushed out from und an AC unit. One of our guys found a school open, while checking for burglars he heard a shotgun get racked behind him, and almost shot the door to the AC room.  There is a theme here.  AC is not your friend.
    Or, you were really close to retirement!     :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    edited February 2014
    Options
    henapple said:
    Freaky

I feel like this marks a milestone in my BGE career, an @henapple endorsement. But I'm not the mayor of Toronto, I just married a chick from there.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Justacookin
    Options
    had to remove an ice dam on the back side of the house left the ladder outside the window almost crapped myself going to the can in the middle of the night a couple times,
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    You should have seen me jump when I walked out after my wife and daughter did that
    You had to jump to see his face?
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Consider yourself lucky ... someone on the other forum has his signature line set up as
    "Cars run on gas and electric, not your grill!"
    after he reversed his truck into/over his egg that was parked on the driveway and forgotten, Ouch
    :D
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Which is why children and eggs should not be left unattended in driveways.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited February 2014
    Options

Consider yourself lucky ... someone on the other forum has his signature line set up as

after he reversed his truck into/over his egg that was parked on the driveway and forgotten, Ouch
    The guys an idiot! :)) He probably drinks too much beer and hates eggs since he ran it over. What a schoolgirl
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Great thread GMAC.  Thanks for posting.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

That is one of the funniest things in a long time. I can just picture it man.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Canugghead
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    The guys an idiot! :)) He probably drinks too much beer and hates eggs since he ran it over. What a schoolgirl
    If you know him please convey my sympathy and apology, didn't mean to pick on him  ;)
    canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options

WeberWho? said:

If you know him please convey my sympathy and apology, didn't mean to pick on him  ;)

@Canugghead
    No need to apologize :)) The signature line was a few years before I monster trucked my egg. It does fit it nicely though
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Canugghead
    Options
    I thought it was after  :\">
    canuckland
  • stantrb
    stantrb Posts: 156
    Options
    My mini hangs out outside the front door. Ever since I read this thread I laugh my ass off when I walk by it. Little fat kid indeed.
    Minimax and a wood-fired oven.