Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Stuffed hamburgers

Picked up one of those hamburger presses last weekend that creates a cavity for stuffing... As side from bacon or cheese what other items have been stuffed in burgers?

Any difference in cooking them?

Here is the one I got...
Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
·

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 5,216
    Sautéed mushrooms and/or onions, chopped into small pieces.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • Ooh
    ..mushrooms....good call...
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I have used cheese, bacon, green chili's, tomato. I just grill them as usual but it may take a little longer. Usually go 350-400 raised direct.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,014
    LOL... haven't tried this yet, got one for Christmas
    ·
  • Thought they looked interesting at the dealer but I think they were like 20 bucks...pit it off for another day...almost pulled the trigger on amazon once for 12...Found it at a home improvement store Saturday for 7...figured if I didn't like it, it was disposable. ..All look identical except the color
    ·
  • Dude, I went through a phase when I was making them all the time but I can't copy or link to the old forum. If you get on there and search "Little Steven if you don't stop it you'll go blind" you will see some neat ones.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Those look awesome...thanks for sending me that way...lots of good ideas
    ·
  • I got 2 really nice sets (one regular and one mini) for like $6 on groupon. Stainless steel, too.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Pickled jalipinos and goat cheese
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,391
    stuffed these with shrimp diane, lucy was juicy

·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,261
    edited February 2014
    I received a couple different press versions for Christmas this year. You will have to let us know how you like it. I've always done them by hand but can see how the press could come in handy. They just make them so dang big. I'll eat it with no issues but others might think it's too much meat. Hard to beat a good Jucy Lucy!
    ·
  • Thanks again LS...cant wait to try yhese...timing is great too...springtime is rumored to be coming and we have burgers about once a week...

@weberwho what is this "too much meat" concept of which you speak? I don't understand...isn't that kind of like having too much cheese or pleanty of money?
    ·
  • @fishlessman looks great...never would have considered burgers with shrimp...
    ·

what is this "too much meat" concept of which you speak? I don't understand...isn't that kind of like having too much cheese or pleanty of money?

No issues or complaining from me but pushing close to a pound of meat/cheese before you add anything else between the buns can be a bit much for others. Just really wish they offered different size presses.
    ·
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 578
    Everyone I've cooked a stuffed burger for has been impressed.
    20140101_181518.jpg
    4128 x 2322 - 2M
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
  • Looks dandy...
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    texaswig said:
    Everyone I've cooked a stuffed burger for has been impressed.
    I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for one of those bhamburgers today!!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,837
    I keep eyeing these presses when I'm at the store but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 598
    edited February 2014
    I have done these for a neighborhood cookout. I did 18 of them. I did american cheese cut in pieces, Cheddar cheese, cheddar and pre cooked bacon. cheddar and chared jalapenos, mushroom and blue cheeese. They were big but went fast.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • Bacon and peanut butter is delicious.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,273
    Great. Off to amazon to order some burger stuffers.
    ·
  • Pretty good turnout...One on the right is bacon, sauté onion pepper jack and chedder...One on the left is mushroom and swiss...Both good...

@webwewho I get it now....HUGE...

Need to practice cooking...went raised direct about 4 inches above felt on my xl...about 30 min at 350-400... still pretty pink...moved down and finished them off for another 4-5 min per side...but they were starting to open up...maybe a little less ground beef next time. At least in the bottom...
    20140206_205714.jpg
    4128 x 2322 - 3M
    ·
  • One more thing...4 people in my fam...and we all like em with different stuff...usually I can tell by the cheese...I had to make a lot of notes tonight...and I still got it wrong once
    ·
    edited February 2014

@webwewho I get it now....HUGE...

Big and tasty!

·