Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally Done - Reclaimed Pecky Sinker Cypress Table

2»

Comments

• Do you provide a counterweight to the left side of the table to balance it out?
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035

A really good question and probably a fantastic word problem for a physics class.  Yes, I have a 200lb block of lead behind the left door.  Just kidding!  I did not dust off any of my physics textbooks and apply any physics laws.  Seriously, the off-balance weight issue is a non-issue.  The table is still level after the installation of the egg and it is not difficult to roll around.  Now, the tread wear may show uneven signs of wear after 1500 or so miles.

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    LS Who. Hotty Toddy!!
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • That is so nice.I can't build a square box.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Just beautiful.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • RajunCajun
    Geaux Tigers!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Looking food Cajun!  That table will last forever.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Am I the only one who reads the thread title and struggles to read "Pecky"? My brain insists on substituting "er" for the "y"? Personal issue I guess.
    Flint, Michigan
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @Fred19Flintstone‌ Did you also add a "t" between the "S" and "i" and switch the order of the words around?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Very nice job.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Wow...Nice Table......there are some talented wood workers here.....way more talented than me!
    XL BGE  -  Jackson, California
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Damn! That's so purdy it could be a CEO Desk...w/ an egg in it B-)
    Absolutely beautiful work!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RajunCajun
    Wow...Nice Table......there are some talented wood workers here.....way more talented than me!
    Thanks
  • RajunCajun
    Damn! That's so purdy it could be a CEO Desk...w/ an egg in it B-) Absolutely beautiful work!
    Thanks
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Georgeous table, very nicely done. Love the wood you chose it has a lot of character.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • Eggstra Nice table. How do you cut granite? I have a piece that is too big. I need to cut to make use with my table.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @GreenHam - you can get a dry diamond blade for a circular saw and run it against a makeshift fence.  Or take it to a granite shop and pay them to cut it for you.
    GreenHam said:
    Eggstra Nice table. How do you cut granite? I have a piece that is too big. I need to cut to make use with my table.

Just the way Nola said to do it.  The local big box stores should carry diamond blades made for 4" grinders.

Thanks for the compliment.

• RajunCajun
    It has been 8yrs and I think I will refurb her and install a stone top.  Thinking about granite.  Any suggestions for other stones?

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    The craftsmanship of you guys making your tables amaze me. That table looks amazing.
  • RajunCajun
    RyanStl said:
    The craftsmanship of you guys making your tables amaze me. That table looks amazing.
    Thanks
  • RajunCajun
    I decided to replace the old top with granite.  In the process of sanding off the Old Masters spar marine varnish.  Should I go back with varnish on the old cypress or should I use tung oil, etc?