Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O/T Chicago Steakhouse

Options
2»

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    avibug  . . i see you posted this link for david burkes before me.  Sorry for duplicate.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Bill_Swerski
    Options
    I'm pretty big into the Chicago restaurant scene, particularly in this cold weather, and here's how I'd rank the steak houses.

1. Bavette's (best overall restaurant in Chicago, IMO... make a reservation now while you can)
    2. Gibson's 
    3. Del Frisco's
    4. Morton's
    5. Ruth's Chris
    6. Gene & Georgetti's (only as it ranks as a steak restaurant - it's a very cool place)
    7. Keefers 

Lou Malnoti's is definitely the best deep dish pizza anywhere.  can't go wrong there.  I also find the deep dish pizza is even been when reheated the next day.
    I forgot to mention Chicago Cut.  I'd probably put that as #2 behind Bavette's.  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Not a steak house, but Chicago Q is amazing.  I had Kobe beef ribs, and they were the best ribs I've ever had.  Looked like freaking T-Rex ribs.  I could only eat 2 of the 3.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ShadowNick
    Options

Not a steak house, but Chicago Q is amazing.  I had Kobe beef ribs, and they were the best ribs I've ever had.  Looked like freaking T-Rex ribs.  I could only eat 2 of the 3.

Good to hear, bunch of friends and I are going there for my birthday Friday. I've had just about everything else there, am planning on trying the beef ribs this time!
    Pentwater, MI
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ShadowNick would definitely spend the extra $20 and get the kobe, not just the regular.  Didn't notice a big difference on the kobe brisket vs regular though.  They have a Tito's Vodka with ginger beer that is really good too.  Make sure you ask for it to come in the copper cup.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL