Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Busted my dome

13»

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,671
    Last one...had to.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • BREWnQBREWnQ Posts: 213
    And you still don't. Get a life dude.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
    henapple said:

Last one...had to.

You follow my blog?
    Orange, CA
  • Still enjoying this! :D
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,184
    Still enjoying this! :D
    I like the self pouring bottle!
  • Still enjoying this! :D
    I like the self pouring bottle!

Yeah, it FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,184
    edited February 2014

Since this thread has gone so far downhill here is a little off topic to make this a happy place again.

BREWnQ said:

henapple said:

Last one...had to.

You follow my blog?
    I do now
  • chashanschashans Posts: 418
    BBQBiezy said:
    How tight are they suppose to be? I've been paranoid about something like this ever since I noticed it loosened up on a pizza cook I was doing.
    Make sure that the BGE has cooled before checking the torque.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• chashanschashans Posts: 418
    gerhardk said:
    I thought you are suppose tighten the bolts till they bend.

Gerhard
    Only if...you do not have a torque wrench. Also, make sure that the egg has cooled.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    That sucks, RIP BGE - kids shave years off your life daily! 
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 1,907
    What a troll. 
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Does this forum have an ignore button?  For the first time in my internet history I want to put someone on it and it isn't @BREWnQ.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • I knew someone would start something when I first read this post, I told the wife, just wait, someone will take that in a way and start something, yup, it happened. Had to play catch up this morning on this one. Wish I would have opened this up last night while I was sipping on a few rums.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • HelmetHelmet Posts: 145
    BREWnQ said:
    Ya I wasn't real concerned about hurting your feelings. With the exception of you everyone else understood the point I was trying to make. 
    I have to say, this was hands-down one of the best responses I've ever seen on a forum. I might have to steal this in the future :)
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
    Years later...
  • Having broken my base dome moving to our new house, the good news is most dealers will sell you just the broken part. I bought a new Large Egg bottom, and glued the other one back together. I won't cook with it, but I plan on using it as a planter on my deck. I can totally vouch for the slo motion experience too. I was rolling mine down a trailer ramp, and the nest collapsed and I watched my egg die in very slow motion. Thankfully, life went on, and after about three days SWMBO gave in and told me to buy a replacement. She missed the egg as much as I did!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
    Went to my local dealer and got a new dome.  Got some new bolts and the torque wrench to be sure everything was where it needs to be.  I even cleaned up my gasser to see if I can get a few buckys for it on Craigslist.
    Orange, CA