Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Butt Results

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the mini performed well. About 5.5 hours after putting on a 2.75# butt in the mini the polder hit 196* and I declared it done. The temp hovered between 200* and 250* for all of that time. I had the lid on and adjusted the temp with the bottom vent only.[p]This cut of meat was a bit more lean than other butts we had, so it did not pull as well as others. I am not sure this cut was a true butt, we bought it in at the local supermarket when we decided to try one today. They had it labeled as a sholder blade roast. I have used this before from the same market with good results, but not this time. I could tell it was a differnt cut when I opened the package, there wasn't a bone in it at all.[p]Oh well, we had a decent meal and learned a bit about slo/lo on the mini.[p]Tomorrow we will adjust the bands on the mini.[p]Fritz[p][p]It's kind of tricky

Comments