Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Handles on egg carten

Options
What are the handles on the egg carten made of

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I think they are metal with a silicone sleeve.  Here's a photo of mine. 

Flint, Michigan
  • jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    Ok thanks. I wish he was still selling them. I guess ill bums one is yours for a small. If so can u send me some dimensions
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    I got an email from him before the holidays and he was looking for a new supplier, since he moved away from his old one. Once he finds one, he start making them again.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    jscarfo said:

Ok thanks. I wish he was still selling them. I guess ill bums one is yours for a small. If so can u send me some dimensions

Sorry. I'll try to remember tonight.
    Flint, Michigan
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    Hic said:

I got an email from him before the holidays and he was looking for a new supplier, since he moved away from his old one. Once he finds one, he start making them again.

That is great news!!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Sorry. I'll try to remember tonight.

Here are the dimensions:  The top is 21 1/2 inches x 17 5/8 inches.  The handles are along the shorter side.  The bottom is 12 inches x 12 3/8 inches.  The longer side is due to the bottom being bent forming the sides of the Egg Carten.  The bottom's longer side is parallel to the handles.  Total height is 14 1/4 inches.  I took a couple of photos with my phone.  I'll post them shortly.

EDIT:  Yeah.  It's for a small.    

Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Flint, Michigan
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    dihtn said:
    That is great news!!

Yes it is, please let him know he's got a few customers ready to go.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• RickyBobby
    Options
    That looks like it would be fairly easy to build or make something pretty similar
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    Thank you for all the info. It doesn't look to hard to make, I will update u with photos as soon as I start building. Thanks again Jim