Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stromboli

Made up a boli for the game last night. It turned out great.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• @cortguitarman can you share your dough recipe?
    Edina, MN

• @Budgeezer I just used the pizza dough recipe from the BGE cookbook.

3c flour
    1tsp salt (I use kosher)
    1 tsp active dry yeast
    1 tsp sugar
    1 cup hot water
    1 tsp olive oil

Dump the sugar into the hot water. I just use tap water as hot as I can get it. Dump the yeast in the water and let proof for at least 5 minutes.

While yeast is proofing place the flour and salt into the mixer bowl. Turn kitchen aide on low and dump water in to flour mixture until ingredients are combined and begin to form a ball. You may have to add a touch more water in the winter months for all ingredients to combine. When ingredients form a ball, pout in the olive oil and knees the dough on low for 5 minutes.

Pull the dough and place on a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Place the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with oil. Let rise for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours. The longer the better. This batch rose in the fridge overnight then sat on the counter all day. I did this because I had planned on cooking it on Saturday but plans changed. If you refrigerate, just be sure to bring back to room temp before stretching the dough.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • @cortguitarman thanks for the recipe.  I have a few that I use on a regular basis but wasn't sure if the standard pizza dough would work for the Stromboli.  I'll have to give it a try in the near future.

Edina, MN

• @budgeezer I did put an egg wash over the top to brown the crust. I cooked it at 400 for 45 minutes.
    Mark Annville, PA