Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Scored

I finally scored my first Big Green Egg-(Large) 12 year old pristine condition, new gasket, plate setter, stand and extra daisy wheel. He also through in a custom cabinet with various tools and about 60 lbs of lump coal.All for $300.00

Did the first cook for a try, Boston Butt and Snouts-
Visalia, Ca

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,127
    1. Sounds like you got a good deal. I'm jealous.
    2. Welcome to the Eggdom!
    3. You can't just say "snouts" and not give any details :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Welcome! That's a smokin' hot deal! How did the butt turn out? I'm not interested about the snots.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,391
    Good deal man, welcome to the club.  Congrats on grabbing it before anyone else did.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

• wow, who did you rob?  that's quite a deal.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,538
    That's more than a score, that's the Super Bowl of scores.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,526
    Welcome! Nice find.

Ricky

Spring, TX

• RACRAC Posts: 1,526
    Welcome! Nice find.

Ricky

Spring, TX

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,667
    Wow
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,188
    edited February 2014
    Welcome, you tell you got a great score when @henapple is limited to one word posts. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 934
    Bumping an old thread of mine, Scored another today for $200.00 with accessories and in great shape- 2 Eggs with accessories for $500.00, Bargain.. My first used Egg was a success so I wouldn't hesitate to do it again for the right price--They are out there if you look
    Visalia, Ca
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,304
    lkapigian said:
    Bumping an old thread of mine, Scored another today for $200.00 with accessories and in great shape- 2 Eggs with accessories for $500.00, Bargain.. My first used Egg was a success so I wouldn't hesitate to do it again for the right price--They are out there if you look
    Pics?
    edited April 29
    WeberWho? said:
    lkapigian said:
    Pics?
    I'm picking it up in the morning will post---I have the pics he sent me and appears pristine This one and the last one were moving sales
    Visalia, Ca
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 653
    Very jealous!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig and various Weber's
    Floyd Va
  • Roadpuke0Roadpuke0 Posts: 349
    911 there has been a Robery! 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.   Just a terd hearder!    Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Gurnee, illinois 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 2,416
    lkapigian said:
    CL?
    Michael - Marietta, GA
    XL & Medium 
    lkapigian said:
    CL?
    Yes Craigslist , had no issues with the first one picked it up for 300 with that much in accessories , all I've done is put a Rutland on it, the first one was 17 but well cared for, this one is a couple years, the pictures look great I'll pick it up in the morning and know for sure.....but a large and a medium with accessories with an average cost of 250 is a bargain
    Visalia, Ca
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 2,416
    Yes sir. If I ran across a deal like that, I'd be TripleEgger. 
    Michael - Marietta, GA
    XL & Medium 
    Yes sir. If I ran across a deal like that, I'd be TripleEgger. 
    I know people worry about used, but if the integrity of the main Egg is good, fire box and rings are cheap. I ordered a new large fire box just to have as a spare and it was much less than I thought it would be
    Visalia, Ca
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 232
    edited April 30
    What about the snouts??   What does the finished product look like? Who eats these?
    edited April 30
    stv8r said:
    What about the snouts??   What does the finished product look like? Who eats these?
    Snouts Ears Cheek and Spleen
    Visalia, Ca
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 232
    Wow looks really good! Saw a few videos where snout is crisped up.... looks very delicious
    stv8r said:
    Wow looks really good! Saw a few videos where snout is crisped up.... looks very delicious
    One of the best parts of a pig is cheek meat
    Visalia, Ca