Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Scored

I finally scored my first Big Green Egg-(Large) 12 year old pristine condition, new gasket, plate setter, stand and extra daisy wheel. He also through in a custom cabinet with various tools and about 60 lbs of lump coal.All for $300.00

Did the first cook for a try, Boston Butt and Snouts-
Visalia, Ca

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 8,156
    1. Sounds like you got a good deal. I'm jealous.
    2. Welcome to the Eggdom!
    3. You can't just say "snouts" and not give any details :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Welcome! That's a smokin' hot deal! How did the butt turn out? I'm not interested about the snots.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,899
    Good deal man, welcome to the club.  Congrats on grabbing it before anyone else did.
  • wow, who did you rob?  that's quite a deal.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,515
    That's more than a score, that's the Super Bowl of scores.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome! Nice find.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome! Nice find.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    Wow
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,599
    edited February 2014
    Welcome, you tell you got a great score when @henapple is limited to one word posts. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 1,106
    Bumping an old thread of mine, Scored another today for $200.00 with accessories and in great shape- 2 Eggs with accessories for $500.00, Bargain.. My first used Egg was a success so I wouldn't hesitate to do it again for the right price--They are out there if you look
    Visalia, Ca
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 3,528
    lkapigian said:
    Bumping an old thread of mine, Scored another today for $200.00 with accessories and in great shape- 2 Eggs with accessories for $500.00, Bargain.. My first used Egg was a success so I wouldn't hesitate to do it again for the right price--They are out there if you look
    Pics?
    edited April 2015
    WeberWho? said:
    lkapigian said:
    Pics?
    I'm picking it up in the morning will post---I have the pics he sent me and appears pristine This one and the last one were moving sales
    Visalia, Ca
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 1,207
    Very jealous!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Roadpuke0Roadpuke0 Posts: 501
    911 there has been a Robery! 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.   Just a terd hearder!    Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Gurnee, illinois 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 4,857
    lkapigian said:
    CL?
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life" #Ali
    lkapigian said:
    CL?
    Yes Craigslist , had no issues with the first one picked it up for 300 with that much in accessories , all I've done is put a Rutland on it, the first one was 17 but well cared for, this one is a couple years, the pictures look great I'll pick it up in the morning and know for sure.....but a large and a medium with accessories with an average cost of 250 is a bargain
    Visalia, Ca
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 4,857
    Yes sir. If I ran across a deal like that, I'd be TripleEgger. 
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life" #Ali
    Yes sir. If I ran across a deal like that, I'd be TripleEgger. 
    I know people worry about used, but if the integrity of the main Egg is good, fire box and rings are cheap. I ordered a new large fire box just to have as a spare and it was much less than I thought it would be
    Visalia, Ca
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 309
    edited April 2015
    What about the snouts??   What does the finished product look like? Who eats these?
    edited April 2015
    stv8r said:
    What about the snouts??   What does the finished product look like? Who eats these?
    Snouts Ears Cheek and Spleen
    Visalia, Ca
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 309
    Wow looks really good! Saw a few videos where snout is crisped up.... looks very delicious
    stv8r said:
    Wow looks really good! Saw a few videos where snout is crisped up.... looks very delicious
    One of the best parts of a pig is cheek meat
    Visalia, Ca