Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie in Bristow Va

GeorgeS
GeorgeS Posts: 955
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
I've been lurking for a while and just wanted to take a minute to say hello and thanks! There is a ton of very useful information here and I'm getting lots of great ideas! I have been cooking on gas grills for about 20 years and just purchased my first BGE about 8 months ago. This is the best grill I have ever owned! I have been cooking tons of stuff on it and just tackled my first standing rib roast successfully! My only failure so far was a set of ribs that didn't come out so great so I need to hop back on that bike again real soon (let's just say you shouldn't substitute cranberry juice for Apple Juice). I think I'll fit in well here as I am the crazy neighbor everyone wonders about because I cook out in the rain, cold, foot of snow (deck is shoveled first) I don't care I grill in it all. Looking forward to spending more time here and learning a bunch of good stuff!
Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Welcome crazy neighbor.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Welcome to the group! Tons of knowledge and great people make this site worthwhile. Glad to see you turned in your lurking glasses!
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Welcome to the crazy neighbor club!  There are far worse organizations you could join.  And the only cost to join is all your spare time and money.  Enjoy!!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • GeorgeS
    tksmoke said:

Welcome to the crazy neighbor club!  There are far worse organizations you could join.  And the only cost to join is all your spare time and money.  Enjoy!!!

Yes my wife has already asked me which cost more the egg and accessories or the hut I'm building? I told her I spave enough by doing all the projects around the house my self and it didn't matter. Her response was that she knew how much the egg cost so she is betting on the hut.

Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Your padded cell is ready, welcome to our reality!
    When you get a chance, put Bristow, Va. in your signature.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GeorgeS
    Your padded cell is ready, welcome to our reality!
    When you get a chance, put Bristow, Va. in your signature.
    LOL...thanks for the welcome! I will do that ASAP.

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Welcome from the other end of the state.  I had to google Bristow, I thought it was a typo.  I'm near Bristol, about as far away as possible in the state.  It's not crazy, it's just really being into your hobby.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• GeorgeS
    Welcome from the other end of the state.  I had to google Bristow, I thought it was a typo.  I'm near Bristol, about as far away as possible in the state.  It's not crazy, it's just really being into your hobby.

That's funny, people do that all the time! I know Bristol very well! Used to pass through every year on my way to Arkansas. Is the Wiener King still there?