Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl

Options
Dave in Florida
Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
Made Chicken and Ribs for the game.  At least the food was better than the game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Did up some chicken legs with Magic Dust rub and 50/50 Blues Hog and Sonny's Sweet sauce. Juices were just dripping out with each bite. Very Good.

Did 3 slabs of ribs. One with Bad Byron's Butt with Bone Sucking Sauce, one with Dizzy Dust and 50/50 Blues Hog and Sonny's Sweet sauce, and one with 3 Little Pigs and Plow Boys sauce. Did them all at 350 dome for 2 hours. Love them 2 hour rib cooks.

Wife loved the 3 Little Pigs with Plow Boys sauce. I still like the Dizzy Dust and 50/50 Blues Hog and Sonny's Sweet sauce. 3 Little Pigs and Plow Boys sauce was a very close 2nd, it is very good. This is twice I have tried the Bad Byron's Butt rub. I'm not liking it. Way to salty for my taste.

imageimage

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Looks awesome to me. Did very minimal effort cooks tonight for the game as the oldest child was in a basketball tournament until mid afternoon. So it was just wings and cheese dip for me. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Wings, chips and cheese dip sound like some mighty good football food.

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    It was great for sure, but those ribs you have were my original goal and I gave up on them at about noon when my son's team won another game. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Love the drumsticks...those were my first real smoking home run and the one thing I get the most requests for...grrrrrreat...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Jonnysouth
    Options
    The ribs look great! How much Bad Byron's are you applying? I apply it heavy for butt cooks but just a light coating for ribs. I did ribs once with a heavy dose of it and the ribs were unpleasant to eat...way too salty...