Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a game!!!

Good solid all around win

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Your team definitely came to play, especially the defense!  Congrats Fletch!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Congratulations dude. Solid.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Kempy
    Kempy Posts: 188
    Your team played well. Congrats from a disappointed broncos fan.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Not the outcome I had hoped for. Seahawks looked good and could do no wrong. Quite impressive!
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Game was never in doubt
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Wasn't the game I expected.  The Seahawks came to win.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Hawks !!! Man what a day!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Congratulations to the Seahawks and their fans. =D>
    Bad evening for any Bronco fans. :((
    Peoria, AZ == XL BGE, Weber 22.5 Redhead, Fiesta Blue Ember Gasser
  • I've got guys on other forums, whose team got beat early in the playoffs jabbing at me....
    Unreal! LoL
    Peoria, AZ == XL BGE, Weber 22.5 Redhead, Fiesta Blue Ember Gasser
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    edited February 2014
    There was a game? At least one team showed up. Dissapointed from my side, impressed with the other amazing what a team with nothing to lose can do, and that is exactly how Seattle played, all out nothing to lose.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    Right before the safety I told my buddies Manning didn't look like he had it in him tonight, something in his eyes. Well it turns out no one on the Broncos had it in them. To me the highlight was the Star Spangled Banner.
  • It probably was one of the best Super Bowls I have watched in a loooong time (New York vs. Patriots is another top favorite).

I think for me I felt so proud of the team because on a national level they played so well on all fronts (defense, offense, special teams). They weren't picking fights, just playing good ball. Realllly impressed with Russel Wilson and his Super Bowl composure. Man 7 years my younger, won the super bowl, unreal.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041

Right before the safety I told my buddies Manning didn't look like he had it in him tonight, something in his eyes. Well it turns out no one on the Broncos had it in them. To me the highlight was the Star Spangled Banner.
    its the manning face....Eli had it all season....Peyton has held it off all season.  

It probably was one of the best Super Bowls I have watched in a loooong time (New York vs. Patriots is another top favorite).

I think for me I felt so proud of the team because on a national level they played so well on all fronts (defense, offense, special teams). They weren't picking fights, just playing good ball. Realllly impressed with Russel Wilson and his Super Bowl composure. Man 7 years my younger, won the super bowl, unreal.
    If I was on your side I would agree.  Anytime anyone beats Brady and Belicheck is a win.  This was just sad because the #1 offense in 2013 only scored 8 points in entire game.  Some people were for sure hungrier!

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited February 2014

It probably was one of the best Super Bowls I have watched in a loooong time (New York vs. Patriots is another top favorite).

From a NFL fan who didn't have a dog in the fight, it was a pretty horrible Super Bowl to watch. No suspense and complete domination from go. While I was favoring Denver, I ultimately wanted to watch a competitive football game and this was far from it.

Outside of a few, the commercials were pretty lousy too. Big drop off from last year in that regard.

If I was a 12th man, I would be feeling exactly like you do though. Congrats again!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That was a game?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566

I like defense so I liked that aspect, but buy he middle of the third quarter it was boring for the most part. Keeping track of the pools kept me busy but I didn't win a nickel.

The Joe Namath coin toss was entertaining.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    as a patriots fan, gotta love mannings new record of most playoff losses ever in the nfl by a quarterback :D is he still "arguably" the best :)) man am i sick of hearing that on the sports channel. pete carrol is always good to watch on the sidelines
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Peynton < Tom.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Congrats to a dominating Seahawk team and to the 12th Man! As a Huge Bronco fan it was tough to watch all 4 but, I did and Hey the Broncos just simply couldn't execute last night. Broncos will learn from this epic loss. As a Bronco fan I still hold my head high...hey we won the AFC title. Again a HUGE CONGRATS to the Seahawks and 12th Man.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Thanks, I agree the commercials sucked
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Congrats to the SeaHawk fans, but that was a disappointing game all around. Even the commercials were boring. We've pretty much quit watching the NFL and only watch college these days. After the game last night, I told my wife maybe we should just skip the whole Superbowl thing next year and go see a movie. Can I get those 5 hours of my life from last night back?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Sometimes a team can come back from a deficit after a good halftime pep-talk, or just a break.  With the kickoff return for yet another goal at the start of the second half, I could just feel the air go out of the room.  

Kinda OT, but who's playing guitar for the RHCPs now?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Lots of Seahawk fans here in southern BC, 12th man flags everywhere, more popular than Canuck flags for last couple of weeks. As a fan, glad for the win, but sure not the 3 point spread the "experts" were picking. First major sports win for Seattle since Sonics in '79, about time they/we had something to cheer about. Humiliation for Broncos must be devastating, nothing went well for them. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • I didn't win any squares, the commercials sucked, I took my buddy at work for $10...great game! For me, Alexander Hamilton is the 12th man!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    This was the best Super Bowl National Anthem since Whitney, hands down. 

I understand why you and any other Seahawks fan thought it was a good game, they certainly deserved it. As a person without an allegiance to this game, it was one of the worst ones I've ever watched. There was zero entertainment value(when one wanted a good, hard fought game - blow outs are only fun when it's your team winning or the Cowboys losing). At least Bruno Mars put on a good show.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Botch said:
    Sometimes a team can come back from a deficit after a good halftime pep-talk, or just a break.  With the kickoff return for yet another goal at the start of the second half, I could just feel the air go out of the room.  

@Botch

Can you believe Flea and Kiedis are 51??  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Botch said:

@Botch

Can you believe Flea and Kiedis are 51??  
    That made me feel really old, really fast. Blood Sex Sugar Magik was my first exposure to them when I was still single digits, age-wise. At least they still looked good with their shirts off.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Thanks Pitt!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Seattle set a superbowl record, they held the led for 59 minutes 48 seconds of the game.