Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Helping a friend

A friend asked me to smoke a brisket flat for his Superbowl party tonight.  I'm definitely not a brisket expert but I told him I would give it a shot.  So, last night I wiped the flat with some EVOO and rubbed with Red Eye Express and put it in the fridge.  I got up at 7 this morning and fired up the egg and the brisket went on at 8.  The plan is to smoke it until it hits an IT of around 195 then FTC until the game.  I'm guessing that if it is done too early I will have him put in his oven at the lowest possible temp until game time.  This is a real possibility since I'm already at an IT of 165. 

Once the brisket is done, I will be making some curry inspired meatballs.  2 pounds hamburger, 1 pound venison breakfast sausage, Dizzy Pig Curryish, egg, and panko.  Hoping for the best for both attempts because my friends are expecting something amazing off the egg.  I guess I have set the bar pretty high with my previous cooks.  The only downside of being an Egg owner.  Anyways, here are a few pix of my progress and my helper for the day...Hopefully more to come later.

Comments