Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Dilemma

Great food on the Egg today, tried Cazzy's Wings, Griffins Turtle Eggs, and Mickeys Turbo ribs, food all came out great, nothing beats your three year old telling you, "you are the best cooker in the world", while chewing on a rib bone. So all that aside I always enter a work Super Bowl pool sheet that is $40.00 per square, with payouts for every single score....so I end up drawing Broncos 8 and Seattle 3 and it came in. Last guy wins the remaining balance which in this case was 1200.00. So my daughter asks what I am going to do with the money and another BGE comes to mind immediately.......the look of death was shot in my general direction about the same time that came out of my mouth.... as my SWMBO thinks we need to use it to put towards family trip to Disney......so how to I come out of this with my new Egg?
Large BGE Middletown, MD

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Just do what I do.  Buy it!!  She'll get over it in a couple days.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Way easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Go to Disney and have a great trip with your family!! When you return, tell the wifey you want a 2nd egg!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    cazzy said:
    Go to Disney and have a great trip with your family!! When you return, tell the wifey you want a 2nd egg!
    That is soooooo boring!!  :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Congrats on your win!  Take the kids to Disney!  It will provide you great memories and you are already making memories on your current BGE!!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Disney...
    There is a small window when they will love Disney... and the memories are priceless...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Your wife is correct. One egg is plenty. I once made the mistake of listening to all of the folks here telling me I HAD to have at least two. So I have two. I still use one. Or the other. Never both at the same time. Complete waste of money. 

You (and your family!!!) will remember a Disney trip forever. How long will you remember that egged side dish?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Really? Is this a question? Eggs rock but they don't beat the time and experience with your kids. Granted, I don't have kids yet, but I'd take the trip.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    And @NibbleMeThis gets the credit for sea turtle eggs

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin said:
    Really? Is this a question? Eggs rock but they don't beat the time and experience with your kids. Granted, I don't have kids yet, but I'd take the trip.

Not really a question, but I really would like a small. I didn't mention we have 5 kids so this is just a down payment on said trip....ill find a way to make both of us happy and while I get the point of there being some debate on using multiple Eggs, I could see some value in it when cooking for 7 on a regular basis (more if/when we have their friends over).
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    2 adults and 5 kids - $1200 will get you one day at Disney, maybe. You need to win a bigger lottery. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Griffin said:
    And @NibbleMeThis gets the credit for sea turtle eggs

Either way I really enjoyed them. Will definitely work them into the rotation.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD