Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating Pulled Pork on the Egg

butert
butert Posts: 202
Hi all!  Go Hawks!!

I smoked a Pork Butt yesterday and pulled it.  I was going to put it back on the egg in a foil pan to re-heat it.  Do I need to put some type of liquid (beer or water) in the bottom of the pan?  I was thinking of heating up the egg to 250 and letting it heat up for a hr or so.  Any suggestions?
Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited February 2014
    Trust me - use a couple cans of Coca-Cola! Not diet crap and not pepsi - just original Coke. It will NOT make it sweet and it will keep your pork from drying out. Just stir it from time to time.

Also - don't tell your guest as they get a preconceived notion that it will taste funny, but it won't!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • butert
    Thanks @RRP i'll try that.  You think an hour will be long enough at 250?  It was an eleven poud butt.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    I did this once, don't remember where I got the idea, could have been you RRP. It works well.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    That should be fine - I assume it started out as a 11 # butt, but now probably about 7 # - right? just be sure to stir the Coke in. Trust me I have used this old restaurant trick for years!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • butert
    Yea about 7 pounds I would say @RRP. I'm enroute to pick up some coke now! Now the trick is to control the heat at 250, usual use a guru but I don't think I'm going to get it hooked up for this.