Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime Rib Roast for supper

First attempt at cooking a rib roast in the Egg. 6.3 pounder that I rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Kept the Egg around 325-350 the whole time and took the roast off when internal was about 122. Tented in foil for 30 minutes. Good stuff!
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    Where's mine?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Family wiped it out Hen. Dogs are now Egg fans after getting the bones.
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,671
    The lack of leftovers is no surprise.  @henapple may have finished that by himself if given the opportunity.  I know I could have.  Travis probably could too.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,349
    I've only done this once but it's one of my favorite cooks ever.  Yours looks outstanding.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,804
    Looks great. On the list to try again. My first two did not look hat good.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,072
    Yum!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • dihtndihtn Posts: 177
    How long did it take? Looks great!
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    Awesome! ^:)^

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • dihtn, it was in the Egg for 2 hours and 45 minutes and then rested under foil for about 30 minutes. Cooked perfectly for us.
    ·