Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Super Bowl Whole Pig

13»

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    double said:
    It's the second cook on that Egg.

awesome....way to break it in right
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    A pretty sight in the morning
    image.jpg 1.8M
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    If lasts nights taught me anything... I want a pit controller.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • EagleIIIEagleIII Posts: 132
    A lot of us who don't have the nerve to try a whole hog are living vicariously through you on this one...absolutely awesome! We need lots of pix and a debrief on what worked/didn't work!
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,824
    double said:

If lasts nights taught me anything... I want a pit controller.

The $150 I spent I on my auber, basic controller, has been worth its weight in counted sheep.
    ·
  • Yum, Yum, gosh that looks like a wonderful project.  Nicely Done!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,490
    edited February 2014
    Looking good. I've been a part of whole hog killed prior day Cuban cookouts during the holidays in a pit. Man its good stuff once chopped and so moist. Get some mojo sauce on the side and u got cuban style for leftovers.
    I'm also right there for some skin once its close to done nice and crisp.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 362
    Kind of reminds me of the horse's head in the Godfather!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
    ·
    Pulled the belly section with some ribs.
    image.jpg 2.8M
    image.jpg 1.9M
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 333
    I would like to see another update - with pictures of course - before the ball is kicked..... if possible...
    Great thread!!!

How many are you planning to feed?  That is a lot of pork!
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA
    or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    ·
    And done 23 hrs
    image.jpg 2.4M
    image.jpg 2.7M
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 333
    Thank you.

Looks Yummy.
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA
    or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    ·
  • Awesome!! Very good
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • @double requesting your permission to use your picture with the "18" spelled out in peppercorns on the head to taunt my Bronco fan friends.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·

@double requesting your permission to use your picture with the "18" spelled out in peppercorns on the head to taunt my Bronco fan friends.

With pleasure

Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Thank you, don't be surprised if this goes viral, very nice looking cook!!!!
    ·
    SEAHAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Well that was a 3 day endeavor. I had a huge amount of fun doing it but I can't say I will be rushing to do it again.

I have never been paid so many compliments on my cooking.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Congrats, I agree, great experience but it will be a long time before I do it again lol
    ·