Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Superbowl cooking has begun

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Putting together Egret's Chili for the first time. Couldn't have asked for better weather here, feels like 75* after the past few weeks. Tonight pork butt and beef shoulder clod go on for a nice low n slow overnight. Tomorrow wings just prior to kickoff.

Have a great weekend everyone!
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• DMW
    Options
    And its all assembled now it simmers.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    Just took the chili off, now to cool and chill in the fridge til tomorrow. I had to taste it, if you haven't done Egret's Cow Lick Chili, I would. :)
    Thanks @egret !!!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looking good!  That is a ton of food you got going!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I've got a batch of Egret's going too. Your's look a lot juicier than mine. Did you add any water? I was thinking of putting a stout in there too. Not sure how that would turn out.

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DMW
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    I've got a batch of Egret's going too. Your's look a lot juicier than mine. Did you add any water? I was thinking of putting a stout in there too. Not sure how that would turn out.

Nope, no water. I probably could have simmered it down a bit more, but since I'm reheating it tomorrow I figured a bit thinner would be good.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    7# Moo and 9# Oink after 8 hours.image
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    I will take a bowl of chili !
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • DMW
    Options
    Argh...beef hit a second stall. Been at 187* IT for a couple hours now, and probe test confirms, its not ready to pull.image
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• cortguitarman
    Options
    Logos looking cooks. Just threw on a Stromboli for a low key Super Bowl.
    Mark Annville, PA