Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Within 200 miles of Austin / Got to try, just saw on TV

Options
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Added to the list! Many thanks :)

Man, why aren't they 24hr? They are limiting my bacon. I want bacon. Bacon. Bcn.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I want a "Wake & Bacon" t-shirt.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• travisstrick
    Options
    I'll go with you.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    We will join you.  If it is good as the Noble Pig or Barley Swine then it will be a winner. Just googled it 4 and 4+ stars.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I just mapped it out and I am 203 miles. Hopefully you and Travis will scope it out and report back.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    +1. It's a little out of my way but I want to go!! ......yeah I had a milkshake with bacon in it at supper at the Rookery !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Spring Chicken
    Options

My brain is saying "Let's Go RIGHT NOW!" while my diet is saying "Don't Do It!"

That's definitely my kind of place.

Maybe one of these days.

Spring "Giving Up The Really Good Stuff That Kills You Ain't Easy" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited February 2014
    Options

"Giving Up The Really Good Stuff That Kills You Ain't Easy"

Ain't THAT the truth?! I had chicken burgers tonight and chicken sausage for breakfast. Both very good, but not beef or pork. 

Funny thing about bacon... I love it, but I very rarely eat it. Used to be because I didn't like cooking it. Now, it's because doc says no. And I dislike cooking it.

Leroy, at least I didn't have to give up Cheetos! I gave them up the first time I tried them! 
    :D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Spring Chicken
    Options

Michael, the Cheetos were hard to give up so I tried the baked Cheetos. Not the same.

Also, one of the Chicken Ranch Test Kitchen projects today was this idea that involved bacon.

Can't exactly say what it's going to end up being yet because I screwed up the first one's. They turned out like this:

Then Judy did it the right way and they turned out like this:

So we took some of both next door and they seemed to like Judy's version better. In fact, they said so.

Then we came back home and Judy tried something else in the sauce and I like it even better. And we've decided to change the cheese too.

So as it stands now, I can't rightly tell you what it's going to be or what we'll call it. But if it makes to Salado, we'll have a recipe for it.

Just another slow day at la Granja de Pollos.

Spring "Round Hole In A Square Peg" Chicken