Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Rib Roast for supper

First attempt at cooking a rib roast in the Egg. 6.3 pounder that I rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Kept the Egg around 325-350 the whole time and took the roast off when internal was about 122. Tented in foil for 30 minutes. Good stuff!

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,589
    Where's mine?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Family wiped it out Hen. Dogs are now Egg fans after getting the bones.
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,219
    The lack of leftovers is no surprise.  @henapple may have finished that by himself if given the opportunity.  I know I could have.  Travis probably could too.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,519
    I've only done this once but it's one of my favorite cooks ever.  Yours looks outstanding.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,907
    Looks great. On the list to try again. My first two did not look hat good.

Garnerville, NY
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,530
    Yum!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • dihtndihtn Posts: 215
    How long did it take? Looks great!
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Awesome! ^:)^

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• dihtn, it was in the Egg for 2 hours and 45 minutes and then rested under foil for about 30 minutes. Cooked perfectly for us.