Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First attempt at Beef Ribs... Pics

Long time no post... But here you go. First attempt at Beef ribs. Made a batch of. Mickey's Coffee rub. Lite mustard and coffee rub in the refrigerator over night. Plan on going low and slow ove. Pecan Smoke with an Apple Cider / JD 50:50 spritz until Internal temp of 200 +... Am I missing anything??? Stay tuned.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
image.jpg 791.1K
image.jpg 173.4K
image.jpg 916.3K
image.jpg 147.3K

Comments

• corey24corey24 Posts: 331
    Who Dat!!!

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• AltonAlton Posts: 445
    edited February 2014
    2.5 hours is at 240 dome temp the ribs are starting to pull back from the bone...IT is at 130, few more hours to go
    Update... IT 150... LOOKING GOOOD! Right at 3hrs in
    image.jpg 896.5K
    image.jpg 957.1K
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Excellent.  I like how you are getting the pull back of the meat against the bone.
    Cookin in Texas
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,678
    corey24 said:
    Who Dat!!!
    +1
    NOLA
  • HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 173
    Looks good, what type of beef ribs are they?  I made some beef back ribs the other day and while tasty, they didn't have a lot of meat on them and a bunch of fat.  Definitely didn't look anywhere near as good as yours.
    The. Butcher called the Plate Ribs...!?!? Basically short ribs that haven't been cut is how he explained them to me...
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,882
    Alton said:
    Am I missing anything??? 

You forgot to mail my Invite.  
    :((

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,873
    Those look great!  There was a discussion on these the other day, and I think the "plate short ribs" technically have only 3 bones.  If they are 4 bones, they are "chuck short ribs".   Either way, they are looking outstanding. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

IT 198..probe moves in and out with no Resitance ...time for a few hours of FTC
    image.jpg 1.3M
    image.jpg 988.4K
  • corey24corey24 Posts: 331
    Those just look freakishly good!

Can I get another Who Dat!!!

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

WHO DAT BABY!!! Thanks
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,582
    Fabulous
    Dave - Austin, TX
    Rub worked well, ribs were tender and moist. A little too much fat for my taste but all in all very very sucessful...
    image.jpg 857.3K
    image.jpg 1.9M
    image.jpg 1.9M
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,894
    Sure looks good man
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Mickey said:
    Sure looks good man

Mickey your Coffee rub was the bomb!!! Worked extremely well with the beef... Thanks