Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Rib and ribs

Trying my first prime rib roast on Saturday and plan St. Louis ribs on Sunday.

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808
    Good luck!  Let us know if you have any questions.  Prime rib is definitely on my to do list!  Pics or it didn't happen!   :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Go Ribs, Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya  Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • Plan is to keep it pretty simple with the prime rib. Olive oil and then Montreal steak seasoning along with Lawry's seasoned salt. Trying to decide between 250 or 350 cooking temp for the Egg. V rack with drip pan.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,741
    r2davis65 said:
    Plan is to keep it pretty simple with the prime rib. Olive oil and then Montreal steak seasoning along with Lawry's seasoned salt. Trying to decide between 250 or 350 cooking temp for the Egg. V rack with drip pan.
    Sounds like a great plan.  If you cook at 250, you will get a more evenly cooked roast.  350 is fine too, but if you like it medium rare "edge to edge" then go for the slower cook. 

References:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.