Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime Rib and ribs

Trying my first prime rib roast on Saturday and plan St. Louis ribs on Sunday.

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,338
    Good luck!  Let us know if you have any questions.  Prime rib is definitely on my to do list!  Pics or it didn't happen!   :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Go Ribs, Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya  Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • Plan is to keep it pretty simple with the prime rib. Olive oil and then Montreal steak seasoning along with Lawry's seasoned salt. Trying to decide between 250 or 350 cooking temp for the Egg. V rack with drip pan.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,100
    r2davis65 said:
    Plan is to keep it pretty simple with the prime rib. Olive oil and then Montreal steak seasoning along with Lawry's seasoned salt. Trying to decide between 250 or 350 cooking temp for the Egg. V rack with drip pan.
    Sounds like a great plan.  If you cook at 250, you will get a more evenly cooked roast.  350 is fine too, but if you like it medium rare "edge to edge" then go for the slower cook. 

References:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.