Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

IT'S ABOUT TO GET EGGLY

Bdubya
Bdubya Posts: 35
edited February 2014 in EGG Table Forum
New party-o! This entire house has been under construction for some time. We're about halfway into the "vision." Really looking forward to logging some egg time in this new setup. The 2 burner gas Weber is my wife's "crutch" grill til her man gets home. For me, it's an expensive hand warmer. I know I said this before, but more music to come. For your grilling entertainment.... www.bigcityrocks.com
Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ www.bigcityrocks.com/store now!.

Pre-Sales AVAILABLE NOW on iTunes!

"HONKYTONKITIS" debuts 3/31/16
                     http://www.bigcityrocks.com/store

Thank y'all for listening,

Bdubya

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Looks great! I love the steps coming down from the yard.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    The lighting is nice and subtle as well.
  • Bdubya
    Oh, my promotional team reminds me to add my tag line. www.bigcityrocks.com for grilling entertainment!
    Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
    If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
    If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ www.bigcityrocks.com/store now!.

Bdubya

• Bdubya
    Yessir. These guys did a great job! I hope to get some pro photos from my wife's real estate team. This looks awesome at night, especially with the fire going.

Bdubya

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited February 2014
    Nice!  your hand warmer is reserving a space for a future egg.

edit: just wondering, unless you're left handed, accessing the egg in that corner may be kind of congested?
    canuckland
  • Bdubya
    It's more room than it looks. But, you make a good point.

Bdubya

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    That is a beautiful setup. You'll definitely love being out there.

One question. How is the drainage? Everything slopes to the patio, is their drainage? Tiles, some setup there?  The reason I ask, is my backyard is kind of setup the same way, just curious.  Thanks.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Bdubya
    edited February 2014
    Drainage is excellent! We just had first big rain last week, a lot of water. There is a drain running along side the retaining wall going out one side, another near the pergola connecting to our downspout and going out the other corner. The floor is pavers, so they self drain, no standing water anywhere or anywhere in the yard. Very happy with the setup so far. The only thing I might change is the fire pit smoke blows everywhere (I did not think about the wind, stupid I guess.) I will probably plant some tall trees on the sides of the yard to try to block the wind some (which I was gonna do for aesthetics and privacy anyway). Now, if we can just get some warmer weather weather!

Bdubya

• Bdubya
    I told y'all I would let the Eggheads hear it first! New song will be out in a few weeks, pro video to follow. http://youtu.be/CLxK9tFbvEg Hope you like it! BigCity www.bigcityrocks.com

Bdubya

• GREAT!!! I'm going out to wash the boat and light the EGG now, Summer Time!
  • Great looking setup. Are you going to have anything over the egg to keep you dry when it rains?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Bdubya said:
    I told y'all I would let the Eggheads hear it first! New song will be out in a few weeks, pro video to follow. http://youtu.be/CLxK9tFbvEg Hope you like it! BigCity www.bigcityrocks.com

Bdubya...I WANT your Nautique!!!!   I had an 89 2001 that was equally as clean as yours with 150 original hours...sold it and upgraded to a 2005 Super Air Team Edition...sold that one a few years ago but have always wanted to get my 89 back...yours is what a 79/80 model??  Best boat ever built!!   If you want to sell..hit me up :D
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited April 2014
    @Bdubya‌...Your outdoor kitchen is a lil piece of heaven! Are those "rocks" dry set or with mortar? Either way that is an awesome setup.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Bdubya
    The patio is dry set with stone glue and stakes in between. Pretty solid setup. It's being landscaped/sodded in the next week. I'll repost then. It will be part of the "Summertime" video shoot. Glad you like it. Thanks for the compliment.

Bdubya

• Bdubya
    '79 Nautique. You guessed it. I love the sound, driving it and really enjoyed teaching my kids to ski behind it while listening to "Summertime" when it was just a rough acoustic version. It will probably never be sold, but the original owner made me promise to offer it to him first. As a matter of fact, he tried to buy it back last week.

Bdubya

• Bdubya
    UPDATE! Backyard renovation completed! Done, out of money, hopefully never need anymore. Time to relax and enjoy. Money well spent, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing better than kicking it at your house and enjoying your stuff and people. The only regret is a cover for the grilling area to block rain. Only took me 5 years! Bdubya For your grilling entertainment www.bigcityrocks.com Patio in action here http://youtu.be/lzyT26NTELk https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/summertime-single/id875886361

Bdubya

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Great song and video...and the Big Green Egg has a cameo. And the yard looks awesome!!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    @ BDUBYA. Thanks for the Big City Jawja Brunswick Stew recipe ! Best I ever had!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!