Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Superbowl Sunday Ribfest - transferring to friends house

Options
Another Egghead and i are both making ribs for a rib off and we both are transferring the meat after we cook at home. 
Suggestions, on how to keep the ribs both hot and not making them mushy or anything like that while we transfer them?
My thought is finish totally at home. Wrap in foil each one, wrap in towel and then cooler to transfer....then cut at my buddies when ready to eat
Thoughts suggestions??
thanks fellow eggheads

Comments

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    The only fault I see in your plan is that you are not stopping by my place to drop a rack off .

I am midtown so it will work out great for you
    Toronto
  • Aaron_Toronto
    Options
    LOL, hilarous post, ill be driving by Avenue and wilson at 530, wave me down and ill toss a rack out the window
  • pantsypants
    Options
    Perfect . That is close to my office !! I will be the guy wearing a bib

North or South side ?
    also dont worry I will bring my own bbq sauce

Toronto
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Considering the length of time they will be in foil and wrapped you might want to pull them off the egg 4 or 5 degrees below normal doneness as they will continue to cook in the wrapped stage. Alter that 4 or 5 degrees by the amount of time from cooking to consuming. Good luck in the rib-off! Make us eggers proud!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,519
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Your plan sounds sound.  Good luck!

btw, I don't think @pantsypants office is opened on Sunday, I'll safe keep his rack, just hurl it (+ mine) over the green fence:

@RRP - you got me wondering ... for starter I cook ribs by feel rather than by temp ... also, unlike pork butts, I would think ribs don't have the heat mass to overcook significantly when foiled.
    canuckland
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    I hear you, but ribs are bones and bones retain heat plus the bones are uniformly spread through the rack and typically there is more bone mass than meat mass - but who knows...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pantsypants
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks Canugghead .
    Please ftc the rack for me until Monday morning !!
    I am sure that after the game on Sunday I will need a couple ribs to get me started Monday morning
    Toronto
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    probably against the rules but a quick reheat without the foil on a med/hot gasser would firm them back upa little. thats how ive seen it done ate bbq festivals. hot fire, watery sauce baste and move flip quickly
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Wrap and go.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN