Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Calibrate Thermometer Time

The last time I checked my dome thermometer was 6 months ago and it was off reading 200 in Boiling water so for the heck of it I rechecked it again and it was off again reading 200 in a pot of boiling water. I cook raised in the dome often and don't believe I have ever touched any food with the probe, I am going to check it again before this weekend Super Bowl Cook. I always let my thermo pen decide when things are done. Just a reminder... good luck out there.

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,308
    Never a bad decision to check those thermometers. I think last time I checked mine was either 20 or 40 off. I wondered why my cooks were getting done so much faster than I anticipated. Gonna check mine tonight.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• If it's off can you recalibrate or do you have to replace? I've heard of some digital replacements for the one that comes with the Egg. Anyone use those?
  • bodskibodski Posts: 373
    @SpartanPride - It's very easy to adjust the thermometer - no need to replace. It should read 212F (or 100C) in boiling water. If it doesn't just turn the nut on the back of the thermometer to adjust the reading and test in boiling water again.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

• GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,279
    bodski said:
    @SpartanPride - It's very easy to adjust the thermometer - no need to replace. It should read 212F (or 100C) in boiling water. If it doesn't just turn the nut on the back of the thermometer to adjust the reading and test in boiling water again.
    Thank you bodski I should have included that info. Happy Grilling!