Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pallet of lump

Options
Picked up a pallet of wicked weekend lump in Holyoke ma 40 bags under $14 a bag very easy to deal with

Comments

• Tackman
    Tackman Posts: 230
    Options
    Wicked weekend lump? Never heard of it. It's Gotta be good, you bought a schload of it. Good luck!
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Buying a pallet of Lump was one of the best "Egg moves" I've ever made. I guess as long as a person has a good place to store it, it's a very smart move. Congrats!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    Been using it for a few years burns good great for long cooks or high temp cooks
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Tackman said:

Wicked weekend lump? Never heard of it. It's Gotta be good, you bought a schload of it. Good luck!

It's Wicked Good Weekend Warrior lump. Used to be the bee's knees around here until they had some QC/distribution issues and we found out customer service is not their forte. Many still like it. I tried it once and had a really ashy bag. My experience did not appear to be the norm.
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    @jscarfo where are you located? I am planning a trip up in March. I am near Hartford.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • jscarfo
    Options
    I'm in southington , a while back I remember getting a few bags that weren't good, a bunch of small pieces. People on forum also complained and after that all bags were good. I split this pallet 5 ways I took 10 bags. I'm happy with it I tried others like royal oak but always seem to get a slower cook from wicked.just my opinion. They also ship 2 bags at a time but shipping cost was what made us take a ride up there
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    It's Wicked Good Weekend Warrior lump. Used to be the bee's knees around here until they had some QC/distribution issues and we found out customer service is not their forte. Many still like it. I tried it once and had a really ashy bag. My experience did not appear to be the norm.
    I ended up with a couple bags a few years ago that were not good. I contacted the good people at Wicked and they sent me a check for the price I spent on the lump. To me, that was great customer service. I still buy their lump when I can find it. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    It is one of the top rated on Naked Whiz.com.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • cjham9985
    Options
    You're the man! Glad I got 4 of those bags.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @photo_egg

This is what I am referring to by their CS issues. 

Many people on the forum used to organize group buys for them and post Ace coupons since you could order it into the store. That doesn't really happen anymore. I have also had a good experience with WGC via email in regards to their supply issues and claims that Kamado Joe was making about their charcoal.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    jhl192 said:

It is one of the top rated on Naked Whiz.com.  

When I first started here someone really blasted me about the NW reviews. ..I'll just point it out. Before though, I'll say I love the NW site and use it often. Some Of those reviews are old. My go to is OO but the review on it is from 07. Things change.
    Lump is sometimes a touchy subject but if I'm happy then I'm happy. If your happy.. that's all that matters.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jscarfo
    Options
    I never had a problem dealing with them when I ordered it on line it would be in my driveway in 2 days. We ordered the pallet we spoke on the phone she was very nice. I own 2 businesses both dealing with customers everyday. Yea customers are suppose to be always right, but if I had a nickel every time I bit my tongue so hard it was probably bleeding id be a rich man. That being said sometimes ya have one of those days and that's why we have green eggs an beer