Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I love getting off work early

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
Made my first ever batch of Mickey's coffee rub(finally) and got the Egg going.  Going to put on a couple spatchcocked chickens in a minute.  Life is good.  
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You'll love it. .
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jls9595
    Options
    One with the coffee rub and one with "poultry magic" rub I've had for a while.  The coffee rub was outstanding(I ate alomost all of it myself) the other was good too.  I used some apple wood chunks for smoke.  Nothing better for chickens than spatch, the thigh was exactly 180 and the breast was 162 with the Thermapen, just right.    imageimage
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I would have driven down. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jls9595
    Options
    haha, anytime henapple.   

Just had a pulled chicken burrito, so good I forgot to take a picture of it. Just chicken, cheese, tobasco and sour cream on a flour tortilla(not home made unfortunately).  Spatchcock chicken may be my favorite go to cook these days.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Man that looks good can't beat yardbird.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I really want to try Mickey's coffee rub, but I have a bunch of rubs from the Christmas exchange that I have not even gotten to yet!  Maybe by summer..............
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • jls9595
    Options
    Cookinbob said:
    I really want to try Mickey's coffee rub, but I have a bunch of rubs from the Christmas exchange that I have not even gotten to yet!  Maybe by summer..............
    save the others for later in my opinion.  I had the same thought, finally decided to just do it today and glad I did.  I can't wait to use it on a steak now.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • BckPorchGriln
    Options

Where's the recipe for Mickey's coffee rub?? I'm thinking it looks and sounds like a must try for this upcoming weeks cook?

Demorest, Ga.    1MBGE
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Mickey Posts: 12,457 November 2013 jls9595 said: Charlesmaneri said: can somebody please post Mickey coffee rub recipe please Here it is, he said in another thread he usually starts with 1/2 cup of coffee. Equal part: Instant Expresso Ground coffee Equal part: Brown Sugar ½ part: Black Pepper ½ part: Kosher Salt ½ part: Garlic Powder ¾ part: Ancho Chili Powder
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos