Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Atlanta blizzard 2014

EODEOD Posts: 5
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
Well, first time posting.  Fairly new to the Egg world.  Many of you may have seen the nasty weather Atlanta had the last 24 hours, I can't get around with the stranded motorists and skating rink roads, but I can wheel the egg out of the garage!  I have plenty of coal, and a nice 8 lb chicken I just spatchcocked!  Here's a couple pics, more to follow.  Egg on egg-heads.

·

Comments

• KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I don't remember getting any snow last year?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,076
    Welcome. ..looks like a good chicken. Travel safe
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Kosko said:
    You did 4 years ago in 2007 didn't you?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,077
    Looking good EOD! As long as you have lump and something to cook you are good!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • EODEOD Posts: 5
    Kosko said:
    Valid point @Kosko, my bad on the typo.....
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Good lookin chicken!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • minniemohminniemoh Posts: 1,253
    As long as you've got some beer or booze, you should be good for a little winter vacation. Enjoy the weather. 
    L x2, M, S, and Mini. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
    ·
  • EODEOD Posts: 5
    Finished product, forgot the pics of the bourbon. Damn, next time....
    ·
  • pkaboo1pkaboo1 Posts: 111

get some good beer/booze etc.

Do a low and slow, don't come out till it's done,

piss off you neighbors.

Snellville,Ga.
    ·
  • The Egg froze shut on Tuesday and didnt thaw until Friday. That was worse than the 3 hour commute from the airport to Lawrenceville.
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
    ·
  • Kosko said:
    How much have you been enjoying today LS, 4 years ago in 2007? Time warp in Caledon...?
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,145

I was reading where the officials really had no plan for something like what happened recently.

The governor already started preparing for the next storm. In an effort to avoid the traffic snarls he came up with this.

·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,552
    Kosko said:
    huh?
    canuckland
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,552
    edited February 2014
    @EOD .. interesting traffic pattern around the egg!  spatchcock chicken looks yummy too!

btw. I also noticed the brace between the two front wheels, if I'm not mistaken that side is normally the back of the egg so you don't bang your foot when working in front of the egg; it'll also support the egg better when the lid is opened, my two cents!

canuckland
    ·
  • Kosko said:
    How much have you been enjoying today LS, 4 years ago in 2007? Time warp in Caledon...?

OP changed the year of the blizzard from 2013 to 2014. Another LS feeble attempt at humour. How's this for funny?

027.JPG 2.3M

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·