Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Is this a large or medium BGE?

Hello! Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I have coveted the BGE for a long time because I love to cook and especially when it gets technical. I just took a BBQ 101 class and smoked my first pork butts in a Bradley smoker. They turned out ok but the smoker could barely keep heat and the bisquettes are not cheap. The teacher of the class couldn't rave enough about the versatility of BGEs.

I found a used BGE for sale. It includes a plate setter, nest, and side tables. The person selling it has no clue about ceramic cookers and is selling it for a friend. I've talked him down from $650 to $300. When I asked about the size the seller said, "it is 54+ inch wide span , w a 24in grill". Those measurements don't seem to make sense compared to the numbers I am seeing at http://www.biggreenegg.com/eggs/sizes/.

How can you tell a medium from a large by just looking at it? The XL is obviously a different shape but I can't tell from this guy's picture.

Any help would be appreciated. I look forward to many years of cooking on a BGE and sharing what I learn here.

Thanks!

Comments