Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

WOW MAPP TORCH!!!!

Jeffroe189Jeffroe189 Posts: 211
edited January 27 in EggHead Forum
So we recently decide with propane prices going up to get away for using a gas hot water heater and move to electric. I was at Lowes today getting some parts for the new water heater and it seemed like a great time to convince the wife to get a Mapp propane torch to use around the house. I really just wanted it for the egg and this was a good excuses. I have been using paper towels soaked in oil for the last 6 to 8 months which has been working great. I usually just fold them, soak them, and light them. Then come back in about 10 to 15 min and close the lid. Well I used the Mapp gas tonight and WOW I got the lump lit in maybe 30 to 45 sec and let it burn for maybe 5 min and closed the lid and was up to temp in 5 min. What used to take 20 to 30 min was done in 10 tonight. This could be the best purchase since the Adjustable Rig and Thermo Pen. 

BOTTOM LINE is if you don't have one BUY ONE!!! It is well worth the $45.
Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE

Comments