Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Everyone should make Spatchcock Chicken

TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,315
edited January 28 in EggHead Forum
Ok I've been doing these since my second day of owning my egg and I will probably continue till the day I depart this planet of ours. My wife told me we need to eat some healthier things after we heard my dad has to go in Friday and get 2 stents and then a good friend of ours is getting 3 bypasses. We do try to eat healthy most of the time but I get wild hairs and Start wrapping bacon around ribs and eating crisco out of a can (kidding). 
 Tonight did a spatch chicken with @mickeys coffee rub (wife says its the go to stuff) cooked 400 raised direct to temp as usual it was outstanding. Wife brought home quinoa and asked me to figure it out, cooked it up in fat free chicken broth with broccoli and left over chick peas, used a little red pepper some grated Parmesan cheese and that's it. Did up some Brussels sprouts in some spicy EVOO and garlic. Everything came out pretty damn good and the wife was very happy. 
 I did cover the liver up though with the rub and threw that on also, ate it while the wife wasn't looking.image

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments